Talk

Advanced search

puppy toys recommendation`s

(7 Posts)
TheHumancatapult Mon 22-Dec-14 20:07:16

Since I been given amazon voucher for christmas decided much rather get some puppy toys ready .any recommendations for a Labrador 8 week puppy

Thank you

LokiBuddyBoo1 Mon 22-Dec-14 20:44:51

I'd recommend kong toys they do the ones you put treats/food in plus squeaky balls. the kong wubbas are great as they squeak and can be used as a tug toy, my ddog loves his I got him the fleece one he also loves the kong air tennis balls as they come in several different sizes.

CurlyWurlyCake Mon 22-Dec-14 20:51:21

Second kong.

We have a big bouncy one that gets launched up the hall and then smaller ones you can fill with treats for restfull times.

www.amazon.co.uk/Kong-T2-Classic-Toy-Medium/dp/B000AYN7LU/ref=sr_1_1?s=pet-supplies&ie=UTF8&qid=1419281439&sr=1-1&keywords=kong+toys+dog

SinclairSpectrum Tue 23-Dec-14 12:05:19

My pup just doesn't 'get' kongs sad but will happily chew his antler for ages.
I got one with a few prongs and he seems to be able to reach the desired spot on his gums with different bits of it. They are completely natural, last for ages and are cheap!

Focusfocus Tue 23-Dec-14 14:12:16

You will see that different breeds and puppies like different kinds of toys! What worked for our shih tzu cross include -

Little/puppy kings stuffed with bits of frozen liver or fish bits - she is crazy about these and it's super cute to watch!

A knotty rope from the pound shop is her very very top favourite. Our best game for her is to sit with that rope and a few little balls and throws the ball, she fetches it back to get a rug of war with the rope for ten second and we throw the ball again, she runs off, brings it back,brief tug of war with rope - ten minutes of that is cardio for the tiny little thing!

Another thing - many toys are part of your house already - don't spend loads - old pajama or tee shirts knotted up are great ropes, toilet roll cardboard cores will entertain ours for hours, wrapping paper balled up!

Also we freeze chicken stock as ice cubes - great for teething, apchading, sucking, playing about with!

Focusfocus Tue 23-Dec-14 14:12:41

Not kings! I meant kongs

SistersOfPercy Tue 23-Dec-14 14:25:54

Murphs favourite thing in the whole world was one of DH's socks stuffed with newspaper. He loved it. He fetched it, chewed it, tugged it, buried it. And of course when it's full of holes you can just use the other one.

Empty pop bottle with a few treats thrown in can be great fun for half an hour (supervised of course!)

I'd personally avoid anything by Petstages as they won't cope well with a chewing pup. Murphy was a pretty average scottie dog and chewed through several petstages 'indestructible' toys.

Stag bars are also your best friend.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now