Talk

Advanced search

Is it just me or does this happen to all dog owners?

(22 Posts)
mckenzie Sat 20-Dec-14 17:02:37

Every coat or jacket that I put on now has poo bags in one pocket and kibble or treats in the other!

I love being a dog owner !!!

brunette123 Sat 20-Dec-14 17:03:51

oh yes and sometimes I accidentally pull the poo bags out in inappropriate places eg at the gym - unused of course!

mckenzie Sat 20-Dec-14 17:45:14

I haven't done that yet B123 (I've only had my gorgeous bundle of joy for just over two weeks) but no doubt I will soon.

crapcrapcrapcrap Sat 20-Dec-14 17:55:00

Oh yes. Universal side effect of dog ownership.

TheHappinessTrap Sat 20-Dec-14 19:10:40

Yup!

WonderIfThingsWillChange Sat 20-Dec-14 19:52:04

Definitely, every coat and every bad I seem to own has poo bags and treats in fsmile

TheHoHoHoundsBitch Sat 20-Dec-14 19:54:03

ohh yes. Schmako crumbs everywhere. angry And my coat smells a bit like spam envy

punter Sat 20-Dec-14 19:59:27

Oh yes and my black trousers are covered in hair and I have a tennis ball in another pocket!

financialwizard Sat 20-Dec-14 20:15:35

Snigger shadows poo bags go round the washing machine with regular monotony too! At least they are empty!

Nepotism Sun 21-Dec-14 05:51:15

I bought myself a waterproof cross body bag from Joules for this very reason. I've just realised that since my DDs both left home last year, every decision has revolved around the dog, from clothing to house move.

MuttonCadet Sun 21-Dec-14 06:01:16

Yes definitely, with a liberal sprinkle of them on the side in various room in the house (all empty).

Greydog Sun 21-Dec-14 06:15:26

yes! And in the door pockets of the car!

NCIS Sun 21-Dec-14 06:16:04

Tennis ball in one pocket and poo bags in the other here. I emptied my pockets and uni the other day and caused great hilarity. Luckily virtually everyone else is a dog owner and had pockets full of dog related stuff.

mckenzie Sun 21-Dec-14 07:41:56

Ah, door pockets in the car... Another place to store poo bags. Thanks Greydog.
I've only been a dog owner for a few weeks, having waited about 25 years for this, so every time I put my hand in a pocket loking for a tissue and I find a piece of dried liver or a poo bag, I want to hug myself grin

Greydog Mon 22-Dec-14 08:14:57

Thought of you last night, mckenzie - went to a carol service, and as part of it was a WW1 commemoration DH was in WW1 soldiers uniform, I was all dressed up in appropriate clothes, and the dog was portraying a WW1 "mercy dog" - so - there we are, so elegant, and pockets stuffed with poo bags! You can't be too careful!

mckenzie Mon 22-Dec-14 12:21:42

Sounds like a fun event Greydog.
We had friends over yesterday and a few of us went for a quick walk with Woody.
They'd come by car so I lent out coats and jackets.
As we got out walking and hands went into pockets to keep warm, everyone pulled out some form of Woody paraphernalia!

RiverRocks Mon 22-Dec-14 13:27:50

Ah, the delight of poo bags. Coat pockets. Jeans pockets. Handbag pockets.

The best bit - I don't even own a dog! This is a side effect of my parents' and my sister's furry friends! fgrin

hippopootamus Mon 22-Dec-14 13:47:19

Yes! Even my posh going-out handbag, (which has never been used for a dog walk) can't escape infiltration of the poo-bags and bits of dog biscuit!

Helgathehairy Mon 22-Dec-14 17:00:26

The coat I wear when waking the dog is hanging off the back of a chair in the kitchen.
DD is 16 months
DDog was lying on my bed.

I turned around from doing the washing up to see DD pull a treat out of my pocket and then toddle off to give it to the dog. Who was very happy to have a treat randomly turn up!

It was the fact she knew it was a dog treat and what to do with it.

mckenzie Mon 22-Dec-14 18:58:56

Brilliant Helga!

TheCunnyFunt Mon 22-Dec-14 21:32:12

Oh yes. I've even found poo bags in an evening bag that I'd never dream of using as a doggy bag fconfused

kelpeed Tue 23-Dec-14 03:37:22

a friend gave us her child's jacket after he had outgrown it. Its pockets were full of treats which my very young child found... and ate... all up.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now