Talk

Advanced search

Please tell me pup will stop following me everywhere every second of the day

(20 Posts)
Itsgoingtoreindeer Fri 19-Dec-14 01:39:42

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

MarcoPoloCX Fri 19-Dec-14 01:47:16

Enjoy it while it lasts. In a few months or even less it will want to do its own thing. This is the time to train what most consider the most important command the recall.

LoathsomeDrab Fri 19-Dec-14 01:47:24

Hate to tell you but DDog2 is still like that and she turns 7 years old in a couple of months. She's constantly underfoot and it's impossible to move without her leaping up ready for action hmm

Thankfully the other three are monumentally lazy and don't bother getting up unless they think there's something in it for them grin

Itsgoingtoreindeer Fri 19-Dec-14 01:51:39

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

tabulahrasa Fri 19-Dec-14 07:26:47

She might grow out if it...but some dogs are just like that.

needastrongone Fri 19-Dec-14 07:27:53

I have two dogs, one is 2 one is 1, they both do it, they are attached to whoever is in the house. You may just have to get used to it smile

insanityscratching Fri 19-Dec-14 07:38:58

Eric's almost a year but likes to follow me round when it's just me and him at home. When the others are in he'll happily stay where it's warmest and most comfortable. Eric has a tag on his collar that jingles which means at least I know he's following me now and so I manage to avoid tripping over him better these days.

TheHoHoHoundsBitch Fri 19-Dec-14 07:45:23

Mine is 5 months and a bit better than she was, but in the kitchen she still creeps silently after me and sits on my feet the second I stop moving. I'd like to think it's because she loves me, but I know it's cupboard love really hmm

Wroguewriter Fri 19-Dec-14 08:15:35

My pup is 12 weeks old and is like this but what is worse is when for example I go to the loo and he can't follow me he sits and whines and howls and is generally unhappy even if I give him a chew to keep him busy.
I don't quite know what tomdo about it or if I need to do anything?

Floralnomad Fri 19-Dec-14 08:17:22

Mine is 4.5 yrs and he still follows me all the time - he is terrified that he might miss out on something exciting .

weaselwords Fri 19-Dec-14 08:21:37

Both my weimaraner can go from unconscious to under my feet in an instant as soon as I move. If not feigning sleep, they often walk past me and prod me with their noses to check on me. If I absent mindlessly fuss one of them, the other one is over like a shot. Some breeds are just like this.

Sadly, only one has excellent recall. Clearly I am not the centre of the bitches universe when out of the house, only when indoors.

constantlyconfused Fri 19-Dec-14 14:56:34

Mines 6 months and follows me EVERYWHERE. She has mastered the stair gate so there is no where ! She even likes to follow me to the toilet and pee on the floor whilst im on the toilet blush She has also learnt how to open doors but hasn't learnt to pee outside

NoLongerJustAShopGirl Fri 19-Dec-14 14:59:27

Yep - my boy is 3 and he follows me - and REMINDS me he is there with a cold wet nose on the back of my leg from time to time - makes you jump!!

TheHappinessTrap Fri 19-Dec-14 18:27:37

Mine follow me everywhere. Once in a very long while I'll put them in a room, like today. They got baths and I wrapped them up and left them in a room with a big window and radio for a couple of hours. I live them but it was nice!

FibonacciSeries Fri 19-Dec-14 18:32:34

Mine is 9 months and still underfoot every single moment. But he's a pug, so I can't say I hadn't been warned.

atonofwashing Fri 19-Dec-14 20:02:50

You must be her pack leader!

Our ddog did the same, used to trip over her all the time poor thing!
I used to get cornered every time I went to the fridge. And the dog food cupboard, and the front door....

JoffreyBaratheon Fri 19-Dec-14 21:16:14

My 14 year old dog became senile when she was about 10 and she reverted to that behaviour. So even if it goes, it might come back! The last few months of her life, I kept tripping over her in the kitchen (she was blind and deaf as well by then). I loved it, because I knew I was going to lose her soon. Enjoy!

My new pup is 16 weeks and still a klingon. Especially with me.

Mitzi50 Fri 19-Dec-14 21:29:15

Ddog2 (rescue staffie x) has followed my every move since I got her in July - she sits and watches while I shower and cries outside the loo. At all other times she sits at (or often on) my feet. Fortunately she is apparently ok when I go out and sits with Ddog1 (rescue greyhound) who doesn't seem bothered about who is around as long as he is fed.

WitchOfEndor Sat 20-Dec-14 18:16:24

DDog is ten years old and will follow me room to room even when the rest of the family are home. In the mornings he runs past DH and DS to wait outside the bathroom for me, bless. You get used to it eventually <twitches>

Lokibuddyboo Sun 21-Dec-14 16:27:51

You might have to just get used to it as some dogs are like that.
my ddog will follow me everywhere even the bathroom.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now