Talk

Advanced search

Recommendations for a good front clip harness?

(7 Posts)
JingleBellsJuliet Tue 16-Dec-14 20:45:12

JRT pup is 8 months old now and is a puller, no matter how much training we do, he's very irratic on the lead; lunging at cars, dogs etc etc.

I bought a Halti harness with the D ring on the front (chest) and he walks so much better on it, but the harness is very poor quality and I'm constantly having to readjust the straps as it just works loose during walks, plus he's fathomed out how to get out of it, so would prefer one that has a bit in between his legs, iykwim?

Been looking at the Perfect Fit harness and the Metuki Balance harness - has anyone got any opinions etc on these?

Thanks smile

Jammygal Tue 16-Dec-14 21:23:51

I love the perfect fit .. My lab has used it for last three years and is very good with it;)

JingleBellsJuliet Tue 16-Dec-14 22:02:04

Thanks smile That's the one I'm steering towards as I like the fact all the parts are replaceable, and my pup is an odd shape so I think it would fit him better.

Chrismoosemama Wed 17-Dec-14 09:54:55

I highly recommend the Perfect Fit as well. The Metuki is also good, but like you, I prefer being able to replace individual pieces and have different colour fleece options. grin

Dancingyogi Wed 17-Dec-14 12:00:22

We have a perfect fit harness - useful to have the individual bits and their cutomer service is excellent. I haven't noticed it reduce dpup's pulling, as they have shown on their site with just the clip on the back.

crapcrapcrapcrap Wed 17-Dec-14 22:21:34

I have the Perfect Fit and like it a lot. It has a couple of bits of stitching inside it which I think are a bit itchy but otherwise it seems comfortable. I'll be honest with you though - even front clip harnesses are only an aid and it's a training problem. I speak as someone who's spent the last ten weeks working 2-3 times daily on a puller and only now are we getting to be pleasant to walk!

Dancingyogi Wed 17-Dec-14 22:43:58

Training a dog not to pull takes a remarkably long period of time and even after they can walk nicely without distractions, you then have to train fir meeting the rest of the world while avoiding pulling.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now