Talk

Advanced search

Lump on my Dog

(7 Posts)
whethertheweather Wed 10-Dec-14 18:50:24

My working cocker is 7 years old and I've found a lump on her flank, just behind her front leg.

It's really hard to feel when she's standing up, but if she lies down then it's very obvious - it's big enough to fill the palm of my hand!

She doesn't seem bothered by it but clearly I am. Vet visit is booked for Friday, but is there anyone with a clue as to what we might be dealing with.

cathpip Wed 10-Dec-14 18:54:23

My old lab had lots of lumps, all of which were fatty tissue lumps and not cancerous.,he did have one just under an arm pit that eventually got to the size of an orange, it didn't worry him. Get the vet to check but as dogs get older they are prone to lumps.

livelablove Wed 10-Dec-14 18:56:14

Yes my dog has lots of lumps too.

ClaimedByMe Wed 10-Dec-14 18:57:58

My staffie has a lump just behind her front leg on her torso, its a fatty lump hers is bigger than a golf ball but not as big as a tennis ball, the vet is unconcerned and not wanting to remove it unless it starts bothering her, its a hard lump but moves under the skin.

whethertheweather Wed 10-Dec-14 19:12:27

Oh that sounds quite reassuring - thank you. So far this year her thyroid has packed up and they've said she has got arthritis in her hips so I guess if troubles really do come in threes this might be it.

spiderlight Wed 10-Dec-14 19:39:09

If it's not bothering her and it's fairly mobile then I'd put money on it being a fatty lump/lipoma, but get it checked to be on the safe side.

piggychops Wed 10-Dec-14 19:44:41

The vet can also take a little sample of the cells through a syringe (like a reverse injection) to send for testing, if it's something they're worried about.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now