Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Dog Walking Apps

(6 Posts)
BabeRuthless Sun 07-Dec-14 12:33:39

Took our dog on a massive yomp this morning to a new park and had a fine old time. I've been looking on the App Store for and app that'll track our walk and show how far we've gone. Thought it'd good for encouraging ds to come out during the Xmas holidays too. There's a few on there but the reviews weren't exactly overwhelming, anyone got an recommendations?

FurryDogMother Sun 07-Dec-14 12:41:44

Did you look at Map my Walk? Not specifically for dog walking, but it shows how far you've gone and where you've been etc.

BabeRuthless Sun 07-Dec-14 17:05:42

I'll try that one, thanks for the tip

catsofa Sun 07-Dec-14 18:15:49

Endomondo is really good, works well on its own or you can also make a free online account and look at the route you took later on a bigger computer screen, with elevation data, miles walked, average speed, calories burned, which bits of the route you did fastest and slowest, all sorts of things. I've been using it for ages and I really enjoy it, both for walking and cycling.

If you happen to be already using the app MyFitnessPal for calorie counting, you can make this and Endomondo talk to each other so that any calories you burn while dog walking get added automatically on to how many calories you can eat that day, it works a treat!

RabbitRabbit78 Sun 07-Dec-14 20:13:49

Map my fitness makes map my dog walk (and the normal app has a "dog walk" option)!

LisbethLaRose Tue 09-Dec-14 10:26:49

Hey! smile As a fellow dog owner I too once wondered about apps for my little doggy and found this article - Must Have Mobile Apps for Dog Owners. Here you can read about apps not only for walking your dog, but for monitoring his health, needs etc.
I hope this was helpful, take care, have a nice day and go walk your doggy and have fun ! smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now