Talk

Advanced search

Hills Science plan dry food

(9 Posts)
Nottinghill1 Sat 06-Dec-14 20:55:13

For puppies. Is it a decent good quality food,I know it's expensive but is it good?!! I'm new to dog ownership and I'm just so confused with the variety available. I know bets,bakers and pedigree are to be avoided. I want to give my dog a good quality food that he will enjoy. Anyone got any doggie food advice to help me out?!!!

Nottinghill1 Sat 06-Dec-14 20:56:06

Sorry should of said beta not bets!!

Dancingyogi Sat 06-Dec-14 21:27:49

I would avoid processed dog food, go with raw if you can.

Nottinghill1 Sat 06-Dec-14 22:04:41

I would like to but how do I do it? Sorry I'm useless,what do you feed raw?!!!

basildonbond Sat 06-Dec-14 23:35:34

from experience it's ok ... but it's got a lot of cereal in it and very little actual meat

We switched to Angell dry food - which is just salmon and potato - and ddog is thriving on it - his coat is lovely and shiny and his poos are small and firm

Nottinghill1 Sat 06-Dec-14 23:43:54

Thanks,I've not heard of Angell food. Where can I buy that from?

basildonbond Sun 07-Dec-14 08:07:21

I buy it directly from the manufacturers (on the link in my last post)

They were very helpful and sent me samples for ddog to try. When I order it usually comes the next day - v efficient!

EvenBetter Sun 07-Dec-14 15:58:06

I avoid brands that companies pay vets to be sales reps for, too.
The allaboutdogfood website has extensive analysis and reviews and ratings of all dog foods and you can enter your dog's weight, age and how much per day you want to spend, and see what appears.

Our girl ate Vets Kitchen (super shiny coat!), Barking Heads, and Tails in her first year, plus Lily's Kitchen wet food, Webbox and scraps mixed in (chicken, carrots, rice, tinned sardine, scrambled egg etc.

Dancingyogi Sun 07-Dec-14 17:33:08

I don't understand how feeding a dog has to be so complicated and require so much scientific intervention. we give our dog a diet of Nature's Menu raw chicken, tripe, beef, lamb. He gets heart, liver, sardines, the odd raw bone to chew on. An egg or two.
There a raw food group on facebook, it's really good to get you started it's called Raw feeding UK.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now