Talk

Advanced search

What should I expect after second set of jabs?

(8 Posts)
mckenzie Fri 05-Dec-14 15:27:48

Puppy is being very sleepy ( he had his injection at about 11.15)
Only ate half his lunch and not that interested in playing.
Expected behaviour?
TIA

JoffreyBaratheon Fri 05-Dec-14 16:08:14

Mine had her's last month. She yelped when the vet did it, then a couple of times over the next few days, yelped when we picked her up in a certain way. We think her lymph nodes (under her front legs) were swollen - this happened within hours. She wasn't her usual self for 24 hours or so - very subdued but she did eat.

mckenzie Fri 05-Dec-14 18:53:02

Thanks JB. He's barely eaten any tea either but it does have his worming tablet crushed up in it so I can't be certain it's not that that has put him off.

JoffreyBaratheon Fri 05-Dec-14 21:45:18

Might be that. Does he have a favourite treat? Maybe you could try tempting him with that? He'll be fine tomorrow. Mine seemed to take about a day to get over it. I've never had a dog have a reaction to it in the past so it was a bit scary for mine to be yelping and down for a day, but she's fine now.

mckenzie Sun 07-Dec-14 07:09:29

Sorry for the late reply JB. Goodness, it's just like having a new born baby isn't? I'm Not getting much done smile

Lonecatwithkitten Sun 07-Dec-14 08:33:26

24 hours of flu like symptoms is normal just like it is with us. Though I never offer guarantees of this with puppies.

mckenzie Sun 07-Dec-14 10:01:15

Thank you. He's fine now and back to causing havoc smile

JoffreyBaratheon Sun 07-Dec-14 14:44:42

Glad he's back to normal. Yes - just like having a newborn. I'm getting nothing done! She's 14 weeks now and beginning to settle down a bit (and is sleeping through the night). But... blimey!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now