Talk

Advanced search

Where do you buy your dog food?

(13 Posts)
winkywinkola Wed 03-Dec-14 23:00:10

I am currently buying Aldi food. They used to love it but not anymore.

I need a good priced, good quality dog food supplier. Online preferable.

LoathsomeDrab Thu 04-Dec-14 03:10:26

My lot are on Millie's Woflheart and I just buy it straight from the manufacturer, I'm not sure if they actually sell it through anyone else or not.

Fabulous food, and very reasonably priced for the quality.

sunflower49 Thu 04-Dec-14 03:45:34

DDog changes her mind all the time about what's 'worthy' and what isn't.

I've never tried any of the budget supermarkets for dog food , I don't know why-I doubt the quality's any different to any other so thanks for that idea misses point of thread

I have done an 'approved food' shop purely for the purpose of dog food, though! Not wanting to buy full price at first in case she turns her nose up at it. Maybe go on the website and see what they've got?

tabulahrasa Thu 04-Dec-14 08:00:23

Zooplus is a pretty good website, they sell a lot of decent foods and the price is usually ok compared to other places. You can pay a small fee to join their discount programme and get 5% off as well, it usually pays for itself on the first order, they also have a permanent voucher code to save 3% on orders over £75 and they give you points that you can redeem on certain things.

Adarajames Thu 04-Dec-14 10:53:08

Mostly I get mine at a catering supplier, they are raw fed

IfUSeekAmy Thu 04-Dec-14 14:01:21

I don't even wanna think about what crap might be in Aldi dog food. ZooPlus have 5% off everything today. Mine used to have Millie's Wolfheart and it is very good. They also have Markus Muhle and Lukullus depending what's on offer.

IfUSeekAmy Thu 04-Dec-14 14:07:22

Look on All About Dog Food and it tell you how good a particular brand is. All the known ones like Royal Canin, Hills etc don't come out very well.

MinnesotaNice Thu 04-Dec-14 14:30:14

Mine is on Millie's Wolfheart as well. She seems to like it. The nice thing is that you can buy small sample bags so I just bought a bunch of different ones to see if she liked it before buying a huge bag.

WeAllHaveWings Thu 04-Dec-14 21:32:46

Another millies wolfheart, order online direct.

CleaninQueen Thu 04-Dec-14 21:38:31

Butchers, they're raw fed

JulietBravoJuliet Thu 04-Dec-14 23:13:30

After trying my two on Fish4Dogs, Acana etc etc I now have them both on Autarky, which I get from Costco for £13.79 for a 15kg sack. They are both doing well on it (had problems with loose stools and itchy skins on some of the premium brands, but not prepared to use supermarket or really cheap brands). It seems to suit them and it's very affordable, plus it's the only food I've found that they'll both eat without a meat topper, so makes life a lot easier!

Isthatwhatdemonsdo Fri 05-Dec-14 16:15:42

Pet shop. www.justpets.net

Honeydragon Fri 05-Dec-14 16:18:18

Albion meats. Fabulous raw food supplier.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now