Talk

Advanced search

Poorly puppy on my knee

(11 Posts)
LotsaDots Wed 03-Dec-14 21:34:57

Hi my 14 week old sprocker pup had diarrhoea today, she ate breakfast but hasn't been interested in her food much since (she has shown interest in ours!)she's a bit quieter than usual and is now sleepy on my knee and shivery. Her temp is 39 degrees. Does anyone think we should be overly concerned or just see how she goes? Also she has had a bit of a cough yesterday like something is stuck but we had a good look and there's noting stuck, any advice greatly appreciated.

SpicyBear Wed 03-Dec-14 21:45:23

Has she had all her vaccs? She's very tiny so I'd be erring on the side of caution and getting her checked out, but I am quite cautious.

LouiseBrooks Wed 03-Dec-14 21:59:20

Take her to the vet in the morning. It's better to waste £25 on a consult than leave it and find that it's something serious.

At least phone the vet and ask their advice.

lemisscared Wed 03-Dec-14 22:05:53

Vets in the morning if no improvement. Check her hydration by pinching some skin around the shoulder area. If it pops back quickly its fine. If it stays put or goes back slowly she is dehydrated and needs veterinary attention urgently.

LotsaDots Wed 03-Dec-14 22:09:02

Thanks, yes she's vaccinated, I will call the vet in the morning, we're going to keep an eye on her through the night, hoping its just a virus or bug. She's just vomited a small amount as I was replying, I'm going to sleep on the couch either I think tonight

LotsaDots Wed 03-Dec-14 22:11:10

She's not dehydrated her skin goes back quickly, I keep taking her for water and she's drinking each time

lemisscared Wed 03-Dec-14 22:14:24

Poor thing. Hope she feels better soon x

LotsaDots Wed 03-Dec-14 22:32:26

Thank you

lemisscared Thu 04-Dec-14 21:41:43

how is pup today?

LotsaDots Sun 07-Dec-14 20:34:07

Hi sorry keep meaning to check in, she was much better by the morning and I'm not worried now, we have a routine vet appt on tues for weighing and worming so I'm just going to bring it up then but I expect it was a bug

lemisscared Sun 07-Dec-14 21:48:59

Yay smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now