Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Aggression or puppy norm?

(6 Posts)
constantlyconfused Thu 27-Nov-14 20:44:05

Pup nearly 6 months old. She has been very unpredictable for the last two days nothings changed apart from her baby teeth falling out !
Anyhow she will be sitting on my DDs lap all passive and snuggly then jumps up tries to snap at her then barks and growls for anything up to an hour then returns to normal!
How should i deal with this? i've been putting her away from us and ignoring her. She was bitey before but seemed to stop until last two days .

crapcrapcrapcrap Thu 27-Nov-14 21:02:26

I suggest you take her to the vet for a thorough check over, including anal glands.

How old is your DD? I'd keep them separate for now until this is resolved.

constantlyconfused Fri 28-Nov-14 07:27:15

DD is 14. She had a full check up including anal glands three weeks ago unless something's gone wrong since .

crapcrapcrapcrap Fri 28-Nov-14 07:50:31

Something might have gone wrong since to explain the behaviour, so in these circs I'd always advise another check.

crapcrapcrapcrap Fri 28-Nov-14 07:55:32

No point telling you to go and get a behaviourist in to work out what's going on if your dog has infected anal glands. A good behaviourist won't see a dog without vet check anyway. Hope that makes sense.

constantlyconfused Fri 28-Nov-14 22:23:46

Thanks ill get them checked again. I've not had a bitch before she is getting lots of male attention in the last few days so wondering if her first season is close and the effect that has on behaviour

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now