Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Which pet insurance plan should I take out?

(6 Posts)
Nottinghill1 Tue 25-Nov-14 21:45:37

There is so many insurance policies for pets that I really don't know which is the best one to choose!! I have a 6 month old Cavapoo that I'm looking to get insured. Does any one have experience on which policy is a good one?!!

basildonbond Wed 26-Nov-14 10:23:13

Petplan gets very good reviews and most vets will accept direct payment from them so you only have to shell out the excess in the event of a claim

You need lifelong cover and get as much as you can afford unless you have easy access to several thousand pounds if your dog needs expensive surgery

JoffreyBaratheon Wed 26-Nov-14 16:54:15

I've just gone with Petpln - marginally dearer at the start but I have heard they don't ramp up as much as others later.

Had DirectLine with my last dog. By the time she was elderly, it was about £120 a month which we got to the point we could no longer afford. Never again.

dangly131 Fri 28-Nov-14 21:27:33

I use co-op. It started at £12 a month and its still only £13.75 3 years later so no big increase. No issue with them paying out either...very straight forward.

frozenmad Sat 29-Nov-14 20:25:41

My puppy has been diagnosed with a very rare condition (nothing related to breed/breeding). Luckily we took out a mid range policy with Petplan. The last 8 weeks have cost £4000, we've only had to pay the first £100. No quibbles from them at all & our vet said Petplan are one of the most straightforward insurance companies to deal with.

frozenmad Sat 29-Nov-14 20:26:50

Would also recommend lifetime cover, as you just never know!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now