Talk

Advanced search

German shep lead

(5 Posts)
dozydaisy Sun 23-Nov-14 00:05:01

Could anyone help me please, im looking for a lead about 2 metres long which is super strong to hold back my german shep dog for when he sees another dog he goes barmy. He is muzzled when out and never let off lead unless no other dogs or cats about. He is fine with people just hates other animals. Any ideas please would be much appreciated.

crapcrapcrapcrap Sun 23-Nov-14 07:28:45

OK you could try a large double ended Halti lead, but even better you could contact a behaviour counsellor to help you train your dog to feel better about other animals and save yourself the misery.

CleaninQueen Sun 23-Nov-14 13:21:42

We had one of the horse leads, very strong and looks like a dog lead. Managed to hold back a 14 stone mastiff who had to be muzzled. It was £4 on eBay.

dozydaisy Sun 23-Nov-14 21:21:44

Thankyou cleaning queen, was just looking at those on ebay and wondering if they would be strong enough. Hes more of a sudden jerk puller than a constant one but need somthing strong. Off to buy one.

CleaninQueen Sun 23-Nov-14 21:32:19

I bought mine about 5 years ago and is still going now, managed to hold him back when he was lunging. Hope you find it useful

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now