Talk

Advanced search

doggy smells... Really dodgy doggy smells....

(9 Posts)
EasyToEatTiger Fri 21-Nov-14 09:40:21

I hadn't noticed until yesterday that our house smells not just doggy any more. It smelt more like a kennel. Aaaaaakghhhh! I have just had a massive clean-out and hoover about.

I don't mind at all that a dog's presence in a house can be felt and smelt, but this really was a step too far!

How much time do people spend cleaning around their canine friends?

weaselwords Fri 21-Nov-14 18:55:47

Not enough, apparently. I can't smell dog at all in our house but youngest friend came round a couple of days ago and moaned about the smell of dog blush

ThisFenceIsComfy Fri 21-Nov-14 19:00:26

I love the smell of dog smile

EasyToEatTiger Fri 21-Nov-14 20:12:30

I don't usually smell dogs, but last night, I walked into a wall of farmyard'ish smells, particularly doggy. Even dh, who's nose is hardly fit for purpose mentioned it. I love the smell of dog too, most of the time!

Allthelittlefoxes Mon 24-Nov-14 00:16:32

I'm pretty sensitive to doggy smells, and pup is only 11 weeks old so peeing and pooing merrily all over the place! He's confined to the kitchen (tiles) and I generally clean up messes as they occur but steam clean the floor with a bit of zoflora once a day, bedding and teddy gets washed once a week and pup bathed about once a fortnight. Doesn't help much with his powerful farts though.... He's tiny but lethal!

EasyToEatTiger Mon 24-Nov-14 15:00:20

Puppies smell lovely! Dogs smell lovely! Usually.... I scrubbed and cleaned and hoovered the floor, so just for a moment it was better!

LavenderFox Tue 25-Nov-14 21:13:19

Throws. Lots of them. Hard-wearing washable ones on dog beds, sofas, armchairs, on the bed during the day, pop regularly in the wash and tumble dry the fur out.....

EasyToEatTiger Tue 25-Nov-14 21:34:00

Ho ho yes the felt lint in the tumble dryer!!

EasyToEatTiger Tue 25-Nov-14 21:34:53

Regularly in this house means about twice a year. Aaaaggghhhhhh!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now