Talk

Advanced search

My beautiful dogs being PTS in an hour

(14 Posts)
picklesanne Wed 19-Nov-14 14:05:01

I have to take my very loyal and beautiful 13 year old Maltese to be to sleep at 3. Just can't stop crying, knew it was going to happen as she has in heart failure and got so much worse the last few weeks. I will miss her so much, my son who's 22 has just rushed home from work to be with her she's his dog.

LouiseBrooks Wed 19-Nov-14 14:09:40

picklesann I am so, so sorry to hear this. It's utterly heartbreaking I know. Working full time means I can no longer have a dog but I have a 13 year old cat and I am dreading when the day will come for him.

There isn't much to say except you obviously love her and will given her a good life. You are also now doing absolutely the right thing for her, helping her make her final journey.

foolonthehill Wed 19-Nov-14 14:10:33

so sorry.

HerrenaHarridan Wed 19-Nov-14 14:20:08

You are prioritising your dogs needs above your own and I commend you for it.

I wish this was a option for suffering humans too.

Be kind to yourself over the coming months. Don't feel silly for the depth of hurt at the close of a 13 year relationship.

JoffreyBaratheon Wed 19-Nov-14 14:37:50

I'll be thinking of you at 3. Just went through this ourselves with an elderly dog in Sept. I still randomly burst into tears, thinking about her. Take care of yourself. It is horrible knowing the exact hour it's going to happen. I had to look at my dog all day knowing she was going at 5 o'clock. It makes it very, very tough on you.

GooseberryJam Wed 19-Nov-14 14:44:05

So sorry. You are doing the right thing but it's very upsetting. I had to do the same with my cat and the time beforehand was terrible. Hope you and your son can comfort one another. I'm sure your dog knows she is much loved and has had many happy years with you. flowers

mumof6needssanity Wed 19-Nov-14 14:47:23

I'm so sorry thanks

BadgersInTheSlurryLagoon Wed 19-Nov-14 14:53:09

I'm so sorry for you, I know how a relationship with a dog can be as meaningful and important as any human one, and my heart goes out to you. This is the last good thing you can do for her, after a lifetime of doing good things for her, and she will be grateful for the relief from her pain now. Allow yourself to grieve.

Woozlebear Wed 19-Nov-14 14:57:08

Pickles thinking of you. I dread the day and know how hard this must be. You are doing the best thing but I know that doesn't make it easier

Monathevampire1 Wed 19-Nov-14 15:01:30

You've had 13 amazing years with your dog. Now in a final act of love you are giving her back her dignity and letting her go . I am so sorry directory family's loss.

IrianofWay Wed 19-Nov-14 15:06:02

So sorry x I have a dog now after years of being dogless and I am already dreading that day.

picklesanne Wed 19-Nov-14 18:52:31

Thankyou everyone for your messages.

AsBrightAsAJewel Fri 21-Nov-14 21:58:43

flowers and sympathy.

FoxgloveFairy Sun 23-Nov-14 02:06:44

I am so sorry op. Horrible. But it is the last act of kindness and mercy you can do for your friend. flowers

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now