Talk

Advanced search

So my pup was spayed yesterday...

(5 Posts)
murphys Wed 19-Nov-14 08:45:13

She was booked in since last week to be spayed yesterday. Yesterday morning as it happens she came into heat, I spotted the bleeding on her bed. I took her in anyway to see the vet, to see if they could still spay her, and they said yes, but its a little more risky due to swelling.

As there are lot of male dogs in our street that camp out, and the fact she keeps bolting out as soon as the gate is opened, I decided to go ahead anyway as I just don't want the risk of her being mated.

Aw I am feeling so sorry for her. Last night when I fetched her she didn't even recognise me, and was doing that sideways walk out the vet. She had some food and slept. She weighs 30kg so I do suppose she had a lot more anaesthetic than a small dog would have.

She has what seems to be some high potent pain killers. She greeted me with a wagging tail this morning, and I gave her the tablet. Now she is in lala land, she is looking past me, keeps trying to look at her behind but cant quite get there... I know its for the best, but I do feel so for her today...

marne2 Wed 19-Nov-14 13:06:32

I remember getting my girl done, I felt so guilty, she was fine after 48 hours and ended up knocking her stitches as she was so hyper.

I'm sure your girly will be feeling much better tomorrow.

Chocrock Sat 29-Nov-14 07:24:47

Had mine done on Monday. She was fine after 24 hours except the pain killers have given her dreadful diarrhea and it doesn't seem to be getting any better.....

TheHoundsBitch Sun 30-Nov-14 21:13:53

Aww, poor pup sad How old is she? Would that have been her first season if she hadn't been spayed? How long is the recovery going to be? Sorry for all the questions, we have all this to come and I'm not looking forward to it at all. Hope she's feeling better soon. <bonio> for pup. Also, what breed is she? My muttley girl will probably end up around 30kg.

BabeRuthless Mon 01-Dec-14 07:14:59

It is really hard but you have to think long term. When we got our girl spayed we ended up having to confine her to her crate for a few days because her stitches were at risk of bursting. It was a really difficult week but now seems like a lifetime ago (we had her done in August) The first couple of days are especially tough but just know that you've done the right thing for her.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now