Talk

Advanced search

Just had SenileDog PTS

(9 Posts)
MimsyBorogroves Mon 17-Nov-14 10:50:15

She was 16 and amazing for her age, but it was Time. And she slipped away with so much dignity - she was ready. But my heart aches, nine of the other dogs will come for a cuddle - they're cuddling each other, and it can't bear to tell DS1 and 2 tonight.

And I sobbed at the poor vet.

SecretSpy Mon 17-Nov-14 10:54:49

thanks oh I am sorry.
I have a rather elderly dog too and I'm dreading facing the same when the time comes

I had to go this recently too - my heart goes out to you. Take comfort in the fact that you did the best thing for your dog - it's a brave & compassionate decision to make x

SnakeyMcBadass Mon 17-Nov-14 18:55:52

How brave and loving you are, and what a good, long life your friend had flowers

needastrongone Mon 17-Nov-14 19:26:42

I am so sorry flowers

basildonbond Mon 17-Nov-14 19:31:22

So sorry - look after yourself tonight

MimsyBorogroves Mon 17-Nov-14 20:21:03

Thank you all. Have told the boys, and now need to spend tonight nursing the dog shaped hole in my heart. I still can't get over how dignified she was at the end. Never a snuggler, she just curled into my arms as they began. She knew, and let me knew it was all okay.

FoxgloveFairy Sun 23-Nov-14 02:15:33

flowers

EasyToEatTiger Sun 23-Nov-14 20:01:32

I am so sorry. When ddog was pts last year, I howled and howled and howled and nearly buried myself next to him. Big big mn hugs to you.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now