Talk

Advanced search

£150!!!!

(6 Posts)
dillite Wed 12-Nov-14 20:19:08

My puppy had some antibiotics prescribed for a UTI today and they were £150! I nearly fainted. Is that the average price then?

MitchellMummy Wed 12-Nov-14 20:29:47

No! Even with a consultation I'd be thinking more like £50. One of my dog is on expensive ABs which are £39 per course, but most are cheaper. Does that include any tests or is it just consultation and ABs? What ABs were they? Hope pup's better soon!

Lonecatwithkitten Wed 12-Nov-14 20:42:04

Well it really depends on what antibiotics, what size of tablet and the course is. Yes it is possible to reach that price with certain drugs.
Some are cheap like TMPS.
Others are really expensive.

dillite Thu 13-Nov-14 08:36:09

It was just a consultation and a two week amixillicin (sp) course as he didn't think that she has a bad UTI. I was expecting it to be no more than £70. The puppy is ok. She doesn't appear too bothered by it.

Floralnomad Thu 13-Nov-14 08:39:01

I paid £90 last week for a consultation ,AB injection and 5 day course of Synulox , yours sounds expensive to me .

dillite Thu 13-Nov-14 09:12:49

I did think it seemed expensive. These are supposed to be the cheaper vets than the other clinic too. I guess I should have known that they aren't really when I found out that it would cost me £380 to spay my shih tzu.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now