Talk

Advanced search

Smelly dog....

(9 Posts)
Hakluyt Mon 10-Nov-14 15:51:04

We have no heating until Friday. Our dog spent a wonderful weekend with loads of mud and stuff and she is a bit smelly. Is there anything I can do to get rid of the smell which does not involve bathing her? She takes ages to to dry so it's too cold to get her wet......

shadowfax07 Mon 10-Nov-14 16:15:34

You can get wet wipes specifically for dogs, which are quite effective. Also I've got 'dry' shampoo for dogs from PaH, but you need to brush it out afterwards, and our spaniel hides as soon as he sees it!

JulietBravoJuliet Mon 10-Nov-14 16:17:03

I use dry shampoo on my doodle; that and baby wipes on her legs, as she can take all day to dry when bathed. Works a treat. My friend gently sprinkles baby powder on her dog and then brushes it out, which has the same effect I guess, but her dog is white, not black like mine!

WhyBeHappyWhenYouCouldBeNormal Mon 10-Nov-14 16:18:06

Mumsnet normally suggests bicarb of soda for all things smelly. Is that applicable here?

Floralnomad Mon 10-Nov-14 16:22:39

You can also buy stuff to spray on the dog ,PAH have loads of different types . Alternatively book dog in for a bath at the dog groomers ,my groomers only charge £10 for a wash and blow dry ( no haircut) .

Hakluyt Mon 10-Nov-14 17:08:42

You know I hadn't thought of taking her to the groomers- I associate the groomers with a bill for £50!

Hakluyt Mon 10-Nov-14 17:09:51

But I might just go and buy her some PAH scent.........grin Thank you!

RoseyHope Mon 10-Nov-14 21:24:05

Our vet stocks some pet odour-eliminating candles. Not sure what the difference is to regular candles :D

Could you use a hairdryer?

RoseyHope Mon 10-Nov-14 21:24:21

Bah, that should be grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now