Talk

Advanced search

Dog and work

(8 Posts)
kebek Thu 06-Nov-14 18:58:35

I used to work part time hours which fitted perfectly around our gorgeous, much-adored dog. I was made redundant and have now been offered a 9-5.
Please tell me how to make this work. We all love our girl so much and I know people must work full-time and have a dog?

Tierradelfuego Thu 06-Nov-14 19:00:21

I think it can work if you have a dog walker every day during the week. How old is your dog?

BellaVita Thu 06-Nov-14 19:03:00

Second a dog walker. Perhaps there is a retired person nereby that would like a bit of company? Do you have a local shop you could advertise in?

kebek Thu 06-Nov-14 19:06:26

She's 18 months and I'd be really happy with a dog-walker but will she be ok in between? She'd be in our utility and we could get a dog-flap fitted but she's a lab and I know they love company.

TooOldForGlitter Thu 06-Nov-14 22:04:45

Any responsible teens in the family who'd pop in for half an hour for a fiver? On top of a walker I mean.

Tierradelfuego Thu 06-Nov-14 22:07:03

Do you have any friends who work from home or are SAHM's? I say that because a couple of friends of mine 'dog-sit' each others dogs on the days that they are home. Another couple, one who works from home and one who is out at work all week, the home lady looks after her own and the friends' dog and the working friend sort of repays the favour by doing a couple of long walks at the weekend and holiday care etc.

Must be workable smile

Bowlersarm Thu 06-Nov-14 22:08:26

18 months is so young, and 9 to 5 is a long time for a young dog to be on it's own. Presumably it'll be longer as you will have to travel to and from work. I don't know how you'll make it work successfully without paying out a lot for people to go in a few times a day. Could you try and negotiate different hours?

flowery Thu 06-Nov-14 22:12:21

Doggy day care? The one we use two days a week is fantastic.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now