Talk

Advanced search

Dpup pooing for Britain today! What on earth could've caused it?

(5 Posts)
JulietBravoJuliet Sun 02-Nov-14 16:39:36

Dpup is a 6 month old JRT. House training has been going fab, no poo accidents in over a month and probably one or two wee accidents a week, usually when I'm too slow getting my shoes on and he does it by the door. He generally does a poo about 20 minutes after breakfast, then another on our morning walk, one mid afternoon, and one after his tea, so 4 a day on average. He was neutered on Wednesday and had a bit of diarrhoea the next day, then seemed back to normal on Friday and Saturday. Today, however, he has done SEVEN poos so far, and he's not even had his tea yet!!! They're all solid and normal looking, but seven???!! Three of these have been in the house, which is very unlike him as he normally asks to go out.

He had his tea as normal last night, had a bone in his crate whilst I was out for an hour, and has had breakfast this morning (his usual kibble with half a tin of sardines - nothing unusual).

Why on earth has my puppy turned into a shit machine??? grin

Iheartautumn Sun 02-Nov-14 16:44:43

Has he managed to eat something on a walk which you haven't noticed and is now facing the consequences?

Should be fine but take him to vet if worried smile

JulietBravoJuliet Sun 02-Nov-14 16:48:35

He's been on restricted exercise on lead since he was neutered, so unlikely that he's eaten anything I don't know about. Normally I would say yes, as he's a right little scavenger! We're at the vets Tuesday anyway for post op check up, so I'll mention it if it doesn't improve. It's just the amount of poo is massively disproportionate to the amount of food consumed!!

SpicyBear Sun 02-Nov-14 20:28:44

Possible just a bit backed up from the op if all healthy looking poos!

JulietBravoJuliet Sun 02-Nov-14 22:56:37

Well we've totalled 11 today shock Although the last couple were probably just one done in two stages as he's been petrified of the fireworks all evening so we've just had a few quick runs outside on the lead in between the main explosions! He's not been fed tonight as he's been so stressed I didn't want to add to it by making him need the loo even more, plus I don't think he would've eaten.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now