Talk

Advanced search

Is it best to feed in the morning

(6 Posts)
WeeClype Sat 29-Mar-14 15:34:53

To stop the dogs from using the house as a toilet in the middle of the night!!

I have 2 dogs, for the past 5 mornings I've woke up to the smell of dog shit. I have no idea what dog it is or why it's happening at the age of 5 but this happens once every blue moon.....they go thru a stage of shitting/peeing for no reason.

When I go out I usually take them wherever I go but this week I've had school events/DD's jabs so they haven't come with me and I'm wondering if this is a way of them telling me off for leaving them alone lol

TheBuggerlugs Sat 29-Mar-14 16:24:00

I feed twice a day and my dog gets a good run daily and basically empties himself out completely. Could you do a tea time or pre bed time walk?

It does sound like they're not happy with the routine being changed.

HollyBrrr Sat 29-Mar-14 16:51:23

If the only change recently is that you've been leaving them at home it sounds as though that's the reason. FWIW we feed ours a big evening meal and she gets a dentastix in the morning.

WeeClype Sat 29-Mar-14 17:47:53

It's the only change that has happened this week, they've still had the normal walks but just not the "extras"......I only need to look at my shoes and they assume they are coming out with me.

Ive no plans for next week so they can go back to being joined at my hip 24/7 and I'll see if it changes things.

WeeClype Sat 29-Mar-14 17:49:57

If it happens again tonight tho I'm going to separate them so I can find out what one it is and I'll mention to the vet.....I'm pretty sure I know who it is hmm

Imsosorryalan Sat 29-Mar-14 18:30:48

Ours has been doing this and I think as it's in the middle of the night and I'm not there to say no, she thinks she can do it!
She has even pooed in her crate! I'm now giving her her main meal at lunchtime and a small breakfast. She also gets a carrot at 5 ( weird I know) I also take her out around 7 ish for a walk.

So far so good..

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now