Talk

Advanced search

if somebody found your dog at 3 in the morning...

(11 Posts)
YoniMatopoeia Sat 29-Mar-14 03:07:29

would you want them to wake you up to return the dog.

They are just round the corner.

Not answering mobile number on tag.

I can't take it in (will poss off my dog)

What should I do?

youbethemummylion Sat 29-Mar-14 03:10:54

Id take it round they might not even realise its got out.

YoniMatopoeia Sat 29-Mar-14 03:12:30

is the middle of the night tho

BinarySolo Sat 29-Mar-14 03:15:24

Yes, I'd want my dog back ASAP even if it was the small hours of the morning. I think if it was nearby I'd be tempted to take the dog back, and if that fails maybe call the dog warden? No idea if there would be anyone there to advise tho. Is your garden secure? Could you maybe keep it there temporarily?

youbethemummylion Sat 29-Mar-14 03:15:25

If your dog was lost what would you want? Id definately want mine back asap. Also as you cant take it in whats the other option?

YoniMatopoeia Sat 29-Mar-14 03:18:59

It has escaped from me , hopefully heading home.

I have returned this dog once before, they know it escapes from their garden.

Oh, just run past my house again not in the direction of home...

Marrow Sat 29-Mar-14 03:27:41

Oh dear hmm

YoniMatopoeia Sat 29-Mar-14 03:51:22

I managed to get him back. He was not the beagle I thought it was (the one I have returned before - realised when I re-read the address on its tag)

I took him home and woke them up. They were really happy that I had returned the dog - so all good.

DH keeps teasing me about my tendency to find strays... 3 in the morning is a new one though

BinarySolo Sat 29-Mar-14 04:01:30

Hurrah. Well done.

pigsDOfly Sat 29-Mar-14 13:55:18

You obviously attract them OP. The must know you're kind and will do all you can to get them back home.

If my dog went missing I'm not sure I'd be sleeping at 3 in the morning as when, many years ago, one of my small kittens got out of the house before he was old enough, and it was only because I was lying awake at 2 o'clock in the morning that I heard him calling outside. Lots of cuddles that night.smile

YoniMatopoeia Sat 29-Mar-14 22:24:10

They hadn't even realised he was gone!

They must have a dog flap, and their garden gate was open

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now