Talk

Advanced search

Touching advocate flea treatment area ...help

(6 Posts)
Needsupportplease Tue 11-Mar-14 19:28:13

Hi. Feeling very anxious. Dog had advocate flea treatment sunday night. The kids have been touching him today (usually I tell them to not touch that area) but forgot to remind them today.
It is dry, still smells a little. He is long furred by the way so despite best efforts to put on skin it does travel to fur.
The kids have eaten finger food so fingers have touched their food and gone into mouth.
Feeling a bit worried about it, any advise?
Thanks

beachyhead Tue 11-Mar-14 19:35:09

I normally only don't touch flea treatment areas for about 30 mins, so I would imagine you will be ok two days later.

I'm sure it gives guidance on the packet.

FWIW, we have never suffered any ill effects.

HolidayCriminal Tue 11-Mar-14 19:37:05

It's not that harmful, read the leaflets, best to minimise exposure but really not a risk to healthy people.

Needsupportplease Tue 11-Mar-14 19:37:44

Packaging is in the bin.
I'm sure it is ok as I can't imagine people remember to avoid to touch. I am proof of that! Thanks for answering me.

Needsupportplease Tue 11-Mar-14 19:38:23

Typical that it was the last treatment so DH put packaging in the bin. Too late to call vet, that's why I turned to mumsnet.

EmpressOfJurisfiction Tue 11-Mar-14 19:43:08

Just checked Advocate leaflet - it says "Do not stroke or groom animals until application site is dry" so I think you're fine.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now