Talk

Advanced search

Non rice dog food

(6 Posts)
FCEK Sat 01-Mar-14 11:41:35

I'm finally getting my assistance dog grin but she can't eat rice

Any affordable dog food recommendations please?

She's a poodle!

Lonecatwithkitten Sat 01-Mar-14 13:04:42

Most assistance dogs arrive already on a particular food and then the assistance program provide food through an arrangement with the manufacturer. Different program's have different arrangements with different companies. So I would wait and see because it maybe you are committed to a brand or type of food.

Ephedra Sat 01-Mar-14 16:18:37

My dog is very allergic to rice and we currently use Futures but have also used Fish4dogs.

Eden is a food that we are thinking of changing to.

Be aware that rice is in everything! Bread for example.

Snugglepiggy Sat 01-Mar-14 18:00:45

I'm really confused now because our pups had a bug earlier in the week and so gave rice with a little boiled chicken rather than there usual Arden Grange kibble as that seems to be advice with D and V hugs after fasting.They are full of beans mow bit obviously very hungry as trying to snaffle anything they can,and much less settled than normal.But their poos are still pretty loose.So I now don't know if the rice has made things worse?!I have just thought sod it and given them the normal food that seemed to suit them fine last week ,and the normal amount.Finding the whole puppy feeding thing so confusing and DH who is a bit old school and thinks dogs are dogs reckons the whole puppy food thing is a big marketing ploy and that I'm fussing too much about what they can and can't have.But rice dies seem to be in list of makes of foods.

Aquelven Sat 01-Mar-14 18:32:53

One of mine who has food allergies & can't eat rice has been doing really well on this. It's readily available & not expensive, often on offer like now.

this

HuskyWoman Sat 01-Mar-14 21:52:22

We like Eukanuba.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now