Advanced search

It's that time of year to track a fox and roll in their poo

(21 Posts)
Owllady Wed 26-Feb-14 13:59:43

Oh happy days!
You have been warned
<owllady posting from wet dog smell house>

musicposy Wed 26-Feb-14 16:27:08

Oh yes, Ddog2 did this yesterday. Running along, tail wagging then suddenly before I could give the "leave it!" command, on her back having a wonderful roll!

First fox poo of the year. Happy days ahead hmm

notanotherusername1 Wed 26-Feb-14 16:50:02

Has everyone seen the Fox Poo remover shampoo? It's brilliant. Can't praise it enough. The smell is just zapped away.

There is just nothing like that smell is there.

My dog started to roll the other day and I presumed it was FP but after running at him with waving arms it was some sort of rotting fish........in the middle of a field confused

Owllady Wed 26-Feb-14 19:05:42

Oh God I had that too last yr with my old dog but it was a rotting muntjac deer <boak>

Motherhen39 Wed 26-Feb-14 20:03:32

Not seen the shampoo but thank you for the tip.. My two are bloody terrible for this and guilty faces don't make up for dog baths before work..

minkersmum Wed 26-Feb-14 20:31:30

I have had this going on for the past few months and have also invested in some fox poo shampoo. Problem for me is ddog1 is huge and hairy and brown. Locating the poo is tricky and i hate shampooing the whole of him!
Yesterday i felt my whole house was stinking oc a wet dog/fox shit smell. Lovely!! Just as well we don't have many visitors!

Goldencity1 Thu 27-Feb-14 17:24:42

fox poo shampoo! Where from??? No amount of washing normally gets rid if the lingering pong!

notanotherusername1 Thu 27-Feb-14 19:06:21

Pets at Home. Just can't do links.

littlewhitebag Thu 27-Feb-14 19:31:02

My dog rolled in some stinky fox poo today. I have washed her down and sprayed her with some blueberry muffin dry shampoo. The resultant combination of smells is completely rank. I need fox poo shampoo in my life.

Goldencity1 Thu 27-Feb-14 20:45:20

Off to pets at home tomorrow....only a matter of time before it's needed!

notanotherusername1 Thu 27-Feb-14 20:50:44

Honestly it's just brilliant. As soon as the shampoo hits the poo the smell has gone. Tried numerous times to do a link with my iPad but failing. It's the Animology range. It's on their website if that helps.

vjg13 Fri 28-Feb-14 07:47:33

Just found it on Amazon smile

Lilcamper Fri 28-Feb-14 08:55:43

This smile

littlewhitebag Fri 28-Feb-14 18:22:53

I needed this shampoo today but i haven't bought it yet. Dog was literally dripping in fox poo. I had to play a protracted game of 'fetch the stick from the river' to allow me to get her clean enough to put her lead on without covering myself in the putrid stench. It was gross. My Hozelock shower came in very handy though!

ButEmilylovedhim Fri 28-Feb-14 18:26:54

I don't know anything about dogs. Why do they do that? It seems so strange...

Owllady Fri 28-Feb-14 18:46:19

They do it as its a natural instinct to protect themselves. If they smell like a Fox, a Fox will not track or become a predator to them
I think that's true anyway, it's Friday. I had a large glass if wine whilst cooking the dinner
Oops

ButEmilylovedhim Fri 28-Feb-14 21:42:43

Ok. I guess that makes sense. But would a dog be afraid of a fox, generally speaking? Maybe it goes back to a behaviour that was useful millenia ago? I can see it is very annoying now though! That shampoo sounds great. Modern science, eh?

Wolfiefan Fri 28-Feb-14 21:45:07

Tomato ketchup?
It seems to kill the stench!
Setter/lab cross we used to have was like a fox shit seeking missile. The stench.
I miss the stinky old bugger!!!

Lilcamper Fri 28-Feb-14 22:11:08

They either roll in it to cover their smell for prey or to cover their smell to rival predators.

hennipenni Sat 01-Mar-14 18:00:05

can second tomato ketchup, works extremely well on the putrid smell of slimey, rotten, very dead fish. Only downside is that my kids reckon my house smells like a well known burger chain after the baths!

throckenholt Sat 01-Mar-14 18:11:09

mine had found something to roll in in the garden (twice in the last week). Don't think it is fox poo - more likely cat poo from some visiting moggie - grrrr.

She is absolutely terrified of having a bath which doesn't help. Last time DH hosed her down with cold water - and shampooed her outside. They both froze - but at least it was warm for February.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now