Talk

Advanced search

yes i am with the mad border collie and yes, i know what i am doing

(12 Posts)
Owllady Tue 25-Feb-14 17:05:43

I am quietly SEETHING
Some other person took our training class and put me down the whole time, well the dog as well I think
And suggested the most ludicrous crap imaginable

I would not go back if normally I don't have another trainer

God I want to tell you what they suggested but it might out them/me hmm

I can totally see why people lose their confidence and yes, I did stay at the end and Saud they had knocked my confidence (surely that's nit the fucking point)

She is not dig reactive, aggressive or anything, she just a normal lively intelligent collie

Lilcamper Tue 25-Feb-14 17:49:21

If they suggested ludicrous crap don't go back. Plenty of good stuff on YouTube to train your dog yourself. Kikopup is awesome.

Would love to know what they suggested (nosey)

SpicyPear Tue 25-Feb-14 19:18:34

Oh go on, tell us so we can feel outraged with you..

Owllady Tue 25-Feb-14 19:31:51

said I should only take her off the lead if she is part of a pack
Ffs
Then said I should think it's not wise to keep the dog alone as she needs a pack to respond

Pleas don't get me started on the whistle. I have started to think this person trains my neighbours dogs. The dogs that seem to want to live here and spend most their timepetrified

As I say, my normal trainer is . Lovely sad I was and am really disappointed though <sigh>

I won't tell you what was said about my dog. My head might explode. All done to humiliate us I am sure

Owllady Tue 25-Feb-14 19:33:27

My dog is fine btw
Why do I have to jeep telling you this
She is a normal collie butter. I would be worried if she wasn't smile

Lilcamper Tue 25-Feb-14 19:56:03

I wouldn't go back even if your normal trainer is there. If they let this nutter take over they are clueless. Dogs aren't pack animals.

needastrongone Tue 25-Feb-14 19:57:15

Have you been on the gin for your last post Owllady smile

Sounds crap though and a load of old crap being spouted, shame the industry isn't regulated and that there's so much myth and basic ignorance still being bandied around.

Owllady Tue 25-Feb-14 20:00:29

No gin. I am on a tablet (not tablets grin) I wish
But gin makes me more mental than the dog trainer was......

Kikopup..I should look it up

needastrongone Tue 25-Feb-14 20:06:15

smile

Kikopup is great. Only small caveat is I sometimes have to breakdown the behaviours she clicks or spend more time on one command or 'trick', her dogs seems to manage alarmingly well just to 'get it' immediately. Mine don't always, and I don't think that they are daft.

Doddle for a Collie though.

SpicyPear Tue 25-Feb-14 20:06:17

What the what? That's her answer to training? Only let her off when you can rely on her following other dogs to keep her under control. Oh dear...

What a loon.

Owllady Tue 25-Feb-14 20:17:10

The thing is she is fine at home and on walks but I was taking her to class fir socialization confused and she is brilliant on recall as she loves me and we have a good relationship with one another
Goodness you will now think I am soppy
I am a seasoned collie owner. My lovely Katie who I lost last year could have been on one scatty woman and her dog and my other collies I have always trained and looked after them well
Do I sound insecure confused

LadyTurmoil Tue 25-Feb-14 20:54:53

NO, not insecure just far too polite. I would have given the "trainer" an earful! You obviously know what you're doing and they were talking crap

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now