Talk

Advanced search

Garlic and onion in ratatouille style sauce

(4 Posts)
HarrietSchulenberg Sun 23-Feb-14 18:02:58

Newish dog owner here. I know raw garlic and onions are to be avoided, but would my chap be OK with a bit of leftover pasta with some ratatouille style sauce one night?
He has his own kibble with a bit of gravy or wet dog food chopped in normally, and has meat and veg leftovers whenever there are any. Just wondering how his leftover bowl will fare on pasta night.

Bunbaker Sun 23-Feb-14 18:06:18

This might point you in the right direction. Although why you would want to give a dog ratatouille is beyond me.

I grew up with dogs and my mum never gave them leftovers. They always got proper dog food.

Lonecatwithkitten Sun 23-Feb-14 18:22:43

I have a patient who suffered renal failure from eating enchilada sauce so similar ingredients. On the basis of this I would always vomit a dog if it had eaten similar sauce.

HarrietSchulenberg Sun 23-Feb-14 18:52:07

Yes, seen lists similar to the Dogs' Trust one (thanks though). He's not fed solely on leftovers, he has his own food. Just wanted to let him have scraps like our old dogs used to love but I know dog feeding advice has changed in the last 30-odd years.
Ours seemed to live off leftovers and the kind of Chum that made him do white poo.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now