Talk

Advanced search

Anyone got a miniature poodle who can tell me how great they are?

(9 Posts)
Pollycazalet Sat 22-Feb-14 18:16:49

Have two kids 11 and 13. Want a smallish dig - our garden is tiny.

Pollycazalet Sat 22-Feb-14 18:17:08

Dog! Of course I meant dog!

LadyTurmoil Sat 22-Feb-14 18:35:39

Read this thread - lots of positives about poodles www.mumsnet.com/Talk/the_doghouse/1999589-want-a-poodle-but-dh-and-ds-say-too-girly

GeorgianMumto5 Sun 23-Feb-14 22:50:07

We have a toy poodle who, if he grows any taller, will have to be reclassified as a minute. He's amazing and I love him. He's affectionate, funny, easy to train (we'll gloss over the housetraining, which he did in his own sweet time) and just generally adorable.

Get one - they rock!

GeorgianMumto5 Sun 23-Feb-14 22:50:53

Oh, damnyouautocorrect! A min, not a minute!

GeorgianMumto5 Sun 23-Feb-14 22:58:13

His bark is irritating, but he doesn't bark much.

bobbybearmummy Mon 24-Feb-14 19:15:29

Poodles are fab dogs..i have 2 miniatures,they are great with children,fun,lively and intelligent.They need to be exercised about an hour a day but they are also happy to chill out on the sofa.They do not molt...downsides they need regular grooming,and weekly brushing..I have taught myself to do this and clip them every 6 weeks.

BelleinLondon Tue 25-Feb-14 12:43:46

I wouldn't have any other breed ( except perhaps a standard). We have a big mini and he's not too small to play boisterous games with labs in the park, but curls up surprisingly small for cuddles. Clever: training is really fun because he's so keen to learn and please.
No furry mess, no stench (unlike mil's spaniels!) and a trip to the groomer every 9-10 weeks keeps him looking mostly like a fluffy puppy despite being nearly 3.
They're the best!

BelleinLondon Tue 25-Feb-14 12:45:49

and don't worry about tiny garden- we have one but once pooch has raced around in the park like a loon he is very happy to be an inside dog until time for the next walk.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now