Talk

Advanced search

Dog boosters

(6 Posts)
WeeClype Thu 20-Feb-14 11:07:36

It's been over a year since my dogs had their vaccinations, so it'll mean starting from scratch....how many weeks is it between the 1st and 2nd jab?

The vets in Pets at Home have a offer on for vaccinations so I'm hoping to get my 2 dogs booked in before the offer expires.....which is the end of feb.

cashewfrenzy Thu 20-Feb-14 11:51:12

You need to check with the practice. It used to be a fortnight but the newest vaccine is 4 weeks.

Lonecatwithkitten Thu 20-Feb-14 13:47:32

Varies so much the brand spanking new vaccine in the right practice if they had distemper, hepatitis and parvovirus in the last 3 years they would one injection of that combined with lepto and then a second lepto (some places have this for free).
Pets at home are likely to be using older brands of vaccine that they got at a discounted price to run this offer.
The new vaccine Nobivac DHPL4 provides cover against additional strains of Lepto (Weils disease from rats urine) that none of the others do.

WeeClype Thu 20-Feb-14 15:56:07

Ok thanks I'll see what they say tomorrow, I'm not registered with them but was willing to change vets for the 2 for 1 booster since I have 2 dogs that need them and it's open on the weekend.

bakingtins Thu 20-Feb-14 16:13:50

Also depends how far overdue they are if you need to start again. For the nobivac vaccines you have up to 18m (from the last vaccine, so 6m overdue) before you need to restart.

Owllady Thu 20-Feb-14 18:19:19

I was slightly over (2 months) and they were happy to just 're booster

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now