Talk

Advanced search

My heart is broken.

(7 Posts)
InpraiseofPolly Wed 19-Feb-14 16:41:01

Our darling 8 yr old golden retriever died yesterday. We are all in total shock and feel devastated. Thursday morning he was out for a long walk with DH. He had an aggressive abdominal histo sarcoma. causing hypercalceamia and lung metastasis . There was no hope of treatment . We brought him home from the vet hospital, my parents and sister were at my home waiting to see him. We had a lovely walk together and he seemed so peaceful and happy to be home. Out lovely family vet came to the house and put him to sleep. He was very peaceful Snd didn't seem in any pain.
He was such a fit and active dog, had loads of exercise every day and we were really careful with his diet. We all loved him so so very much. We were not ready to lose him yet. Cherish every moment with your darling dogs, it's never long enough .

GinSoakedMisery Wed 19-Feb-14 16:42:58

So sorry for your loss flowers

mistlethrush Wed 19-Feb-14 16:44:50

I'm very sorry to hear your sad news. We lost mistledog to bone cancer 18 months ago - she was quite a bit older, but we still feel that we should have had her for a couple more years. Its a real wrench - they are part of the family, and when they're no longer there there's a big hole.

moosemama Wed 19-Feb-14 20:29:40

I am so sorry for your loss.

We lost our Oldgirl to a sarcoma - bone cancer - with lung mets, last Spring. It's so sudden, there's no time to prepare yourself for life without them. It was such a shock and we were reeling for a while afterwards but almost a year on, while we still miss her like mad every single day and even shed the occasional tear, we're now able to think of her, smile and talk about the happy times.

Take care and allow yourself all the time and space you need to grieve. flowers

Goldencity1 Wed 19-Feb-14 20:40:21

We lost our 9 yr Goldie girl just over a year ago to cancer, it's awful. So sorry for your loss.

InpraiseofPolly Wed 19-Feb-14 22:39:42

Thank you all for your kind words, it does mean a lot when people understand. We are all so shocked, feels like a nightmare to be honest.i know time will heal and we will think of him with happiness, but at the moment everything is so raw.
He was a wonderful dog, and we all feel so empty without him.

Capitola Wed 19-Feb-14 22:42:22

So sorry for your devastating loss.

I hope, in a little while, you'll take solace in the fact he had a wonderful, happy life with you.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now