Talk

Advanced search

How many times a day does your dog wee?

(7 Posts)
foolonthehill Sat 15-Feb-14 20:33:17

I know, a strange question...but I'm beginning to wonder if my girl is unusual: She is a 6 year old spayed springer spaniel, from a rescue and has had at least one litter in her life. We have had her for 2 years.

Foolish dog will not wee or poo in our back garden unless it is a dire emergency even though it is grassed and has borders and bushes etc.

Because of my personal circumstances her exercise is quite concentrated...1.5-2 hours around 9am during which she does one massive wee and then a few "marking" wees then a shorter 30 mins-45 mins around 3pm when she may or may not wee hmm.

She then goes from 4pm to 9am without doing anything despite free access to water and the garden. She seems to drink plenty throughout the evening though less during the day.

Is this normal? The bitches I have had in the past were all spayed in their puppyhood and seemed to keep a "puppy" pattern of weeing throughout the day and evening and none of them objected to going in the garden.

thedogwakesuptoodamnearly Sat 15-Feb-14 21:49:43

EarlyDog pees in the morning if I make him go outside and seems quite content to wait until bedtime to go again. I make him go in the afternoon and sometime in the evening as well but he's not fussed himself.

thedogwakesuptoodamnearly Sat 15-Feb-14 21:50:39

PS After much treating and patience he wees in the garden but can't bring himself to crap in it.

Isthatwhatdemonsdo Sat 15-Feb-14 23:23:17

Our dog will only wee in the front garden. He used to poo and wee in the back garden in the artificial grass. He can go a good 12 hours or more without peeing. Drives me bonkers.
I'm hoping if we get new puppy he may start using the back garden again.

NCISaddict Sun 16-Feb-14 12:31:13

My Springer used to have one long walk in the morning and then go until the following morning without another wee. She refused to go outside in the garden. Never seemed particularly desperate on her walk either.
She was spayed before her first season.

foolonthehill Sun 16-Feb-14 15:30:19

thanks...I was beginning to think something was wrong, so different from my other dogs.

Apparently they all have cast iron bladders and a preference not to mark their own patch grin

needastrongone Sun 16-Feb-14 16:28:43

16 month old springer here, who is like a camel too, he can go hours and hours without a wee. Doesn't drink much either, the new puppy drinks so much more.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now