Talk

Advanced search

I am so SICK of this weather

(16 Posts)
SnakeyMcBadass Tue 11-Feb-14 13:23:06

Just moaning. We're lucky, we're not flooded and aren't likely to, but I am utterly sick to the back teeth of the rain. Everywhere I take the dogs there is standing water. The wet and the mud are thoroughly depressing. We usually do one long walk off lead in the morning, followed by an on lead walk in the evening. I just can't face it every day atm, so they're having more on lead walks and an off lead walk every other day. I seem to do nothing but rub down/shower/bath dogs and then mop/clean bathrooms/wash down kitchen cupboards. Bollocks to this <sticks V's up at the sky>

Owllady Tue 11-Feb-14 13:24:59

I know, I feel the same and the mud seeps through and Ben gets under my toenails! What the!

I have not taken mine today though as she vomited and I am a bit concerned she has picked something up......(good excuse confused )

Owllady Tue 11-Feb-14 13:26:08

I have no idea who Ben is....but I can assure you he is not under my toenails....

LEMmingaround Tue 11-Feb-14 13:26:58

I know, its pissing me right off,,,,,,,,,,,,,,anyone would think it was the middle of winter!

SnakeyMcBadass Tue 11-Feb-14 13:54:40

I'm ok with winter. Winter is fine. When it freezes all the mud/wet. This shit <flings arms at sky> is just taking the piss. The spaniel doesn't much care about weather conditions, bog snorkelling and hedge diving can be achieved in all weathers, but the poodle spends a lot of time standing around on three legs shivering and looking pathetic. So much washing <cries>

needastrongone Tue 11-Feb-14 14:29:15

I know that there are folk down south who are having an awful, dreadful time but I agree, I am sick of the mud and the washing and the mopping and all my routes being trashed and damp dog smell and shivering puppy and.........

HeadFullofSteam Tue 11-Feb-14 14:32:16

We are in Central Scotland and today it is glorious - the sun is shining and it is reasonably mild. We have been very lucky and have not really had much bad weather at all, just a few spells of rain, and the fields are very muddy underfoot, but nothing like what some are suffering. There is nothing more miserable than trudging out in the rain to walk your dog and then having to deal with the aftermath. I really do sympathise.

AlpacaLypse Tue 11-Feb-14 14:34:30

If you jump in your car RIGHT NOW and charge over here, it's not been raining for over an hour now and the sun's out - it's positively hot in the sunshine! Admittedly your poodle will still get wet feet but she might not do the shivering bit.

AlpacaLypse Tue 11-Feb-14 14:34:59

Sorry forgot the grin blush

nuttymutty1 Tue 11-Feb-14 16:10:22

Bear in mind I would be thrown out of style and beauty but my saviour this year has been equafleeces for the dogs and hides head in shame but all day sprayway trousers for me.

Get the dogs wet and muddy then chuck on equafleeces and dogs dry and no mud. Well a bit of mud but not so much.

Me nice and dry but look like a very very sad dog walking lady smile.

I have a couple of reactive dogs who are work in progress so I am actually getting loads of benefit from this weather as we can walk in locations that are not so busy at the moment - just trying to see a silver lining.... Having said that I had two dry dogs walks today - can't be right!

MrsMcEnroe Tue 11-Feb-14 16:14:26

I am going to google equafleeces now as I'm sick and bloody tired of the dogs (2 Labradors) shaking their hairy wet sandy arses all over the car and house every single day. Not to mention the horror of this morning's walk with horizontal hailstones and a wind so strong that it blew me off my feet into a wall, hard. Twice.

I've booked the dog walker for tomorrow.

tabulahrasa Tue 11-Feb-14 17:03:37

I prefer it when it's pouring down and muddy - then there's no-one else out and my walks are so much easier, lol.

Snugglepiggy Tue 11-Feb-14 18:30:34

Think of me MrsMcEnroe because I am a dog walker !in the many years I have worked with dogs no winter has got me down as much as this one.Most of my customers are very understanding and leave lots of towels and accept their dogs can't be pristine clean no matter how much I rub them down.But the relentless mud is hard to walk through and my hands are chapped and sore from soggy leads no matter how many times I change my gloves.At least my home is warm ,cosy and not flooded at the end of a day battling the elements.

MrsMcEnroe Wed 12-Feb-14 14:36:50

Snugglepiggy you might well be our lovely dogwalker - in which case I thank you from the bottom of my heart!

desertmum Wed 12-Feb-14 19:40:09

just googled equafleece, they look like polo neck jumpers for dogs . . don't you get all muddy(er) and wet(er) when you are putting them on the dogs ? I have visions of me ending up on my bum in a large muddy puddle as I battle to get my dogs into them. And what do you do when they come in from the garden ? I spend my life mopping and wiping paws - the ground is so wet now that they don't just put paw prints on the floor they are paw puddles . . . god I hate this rain and mud.

nuttymutty1 Wed 12-Feb-14 20:50:54

Very easy to put on - two long walks a day mine don;t need to go out a lot in between. So equafleece on, quick paw wipe job done

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now