Talk

Advanced search

Does this have to be something nasty?

(3 Posts)
longingforsomesleep Mon 10-Feb-14 19:39:09

I have a 7 year old labrador. For about 4 years she has had a largish lump on her shoulder which the vet has not been worried about.

Took her for her jabs last week and mentioned a small hard lump on her back. Vet had a feel around and found another lump on her leg and a few swollen lymph nodes. She went in for tests on Thursday - bloods were fine and we're waiting for the cytology results.

Of course I've been googling like mad and am now terrified she has lymphoma. I'm on absolute pins waiting for the vet to ring. She's still got a hearty appetite (just persuaded me to part with several morsels of salmon from my plate), still happy to go for long walks, play with our other dog etc etc.

Does anyone have any experience of anything similar which turned out not to be something really nasty?

I've been feeling really sad lately that she's getting older (7 in January) but I'm so not ready to part with her yet. sad

tabulahrasa Mon 10-Feb-14 21:09:33

Not definitive or anything, because I don't know enough about it, but might stop you worrying quite as much.

My cat has lymphoma and her bloods were abnormal - that was how it was picked up, so bloods being fine should be a good thing.

HissyCat Mon 10-Feb-14 22:25:29

My mums golden retriever (10.5 years old) has 4 of these lumps and he too underwent blood tests and cytology... All came back absolutely fine- harmless lipomas. Very common in retrievers apparently.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now