Talk

Advanced search

in front garden alone

(8 Posts)
happygolucky0 Sun 09-Feb-14 11:14:28

i have a 8 mth old shih tzu who loves to sit by the front gate and watch the world go by. I am worried about her getting stolen though so rarely let her out there.
just wondered if i am being abit over protected and concerned over or not?
Any advice?

Whoknowswhocares Sun 09-Feb-14 11:30:53

I would never, ever let my dog in the front garden unattended, sorry.
Aside from being stolen (very high risk imo), someone opening the gate to say hello, or just to deliver something leaves her extremely vulnerable to the road and dangers from beyond the garden gate

TheBookThief Sun 09-Feb-14 11:37:33

I also wouldn't, but then I do always err on the side of caution.

Aquelven Sun 09-Feb-14 11:48:10

I agree, not something I would risk.

SpicyPear Sun 09-Feb-14 21:10:38

I wouldn't with any dog, but especially not a small desirable one like yours. Quite a risk of opportunistic theft.

1MitchellMum Sun 09-Feb-14 22:29:59

Have a look through a few hundred posts on doglost.co.uk. I wouldn't do it.

gingerbeard Mon 10-Feb-14 20:48:12

Do you have a front window where she could sit and look out. It might mean clearing the sill, or moving a chair but it might keep her happy and safe. We had a small terrier who spent many happy hours keeping watch on the world from a windowsill.

happygolucky0 Wed 12-Feb-14 22:19:11

I am in a upstairs flat. There is a small window near the front door. Maybe I will come across something that would help her reach up to beable to look out. How did your dog reach the window to look out?
I don't think she would run off as I have enough trouble sometimes getting her to for a walk!
But a good point that she could get out if someone come through the gate, which would put her in danger so won't let her out there alone. Thanks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now