Talk

Advanced search

Dog bed for springer with dust mite allergy

(5 Posts)
disorganisedmummy Thu 06-Feb-14 18:21:10

Hi all,can anyone help?Our beautiful 8 year old springer has just been dx with a dust mite allergy.The vet did say he was fairly certain it is that but without blood tests they can't be sure exactly what it is.Anyway,I've been advised to get a bed that can be hosed down with a blanket/vetbed that can be washed reg.
I've been on the internet and tbh I'm a bit overwhelmed by the choice.Millie is blind (PRA) and likes beds with sides if you get me,she likes to be cocooned!
If anyone has a dog with this and has a good bed or knows of good beds,please let me know.
Thanks

anchovies Thu 06-Feb-14 18:27:52

I have had a tuffies bed and a zippy bed, both would do the job I think as they both come in a "nest style". The zippy bed is (much) cheaper though and my dogs much prefer it because it's not as noisy to walk on (the tuffies bed rustles IYKWIM).

Hope she is feeling better soon smile

anchovies Thu 06-Feb-14 18:28:50

By the way both of mine are happy sleeping on the zippy without a blanket or vetbed so could minimise the risk of dustmites even further.

disorganisedmummy Thu 06-Feb-14 20:41:29

Thanks anchovies for the links and advice.Millie doesn't really like rustly beds either so am thinking that the zippy bed might be the way to go.I love the tuffies but they are eye wateringly expensive!
I feel for her so much,she is blind,has pancreatitis and now this,poor pickle.sad

nuttymutty1 Thu 06-Feb-14 21:13:07

Plastic dog bed draped with vet bed. (I have used this with allergic dogs and it has helped loads)

plastic dog bed

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now