Talk

Advanced search

Stopping chewing

(4 Posts)
MimsyBorogroves Wed 05-Feb-14 19:32:03

Never had this problem before!

We have 3 dogs, one of whom is a 4 month pup. He's going through the teething phase and he's a big chewer - mainly of our skirting boards and boiler cupboard.

The dogs are rarely left alone except for on a night and brief periods in the day - I think the chewing is happening at night. We have nylabones, stuffed kongs and stagbars all of which he loves - but still he chews.

The areas are drenched in chew deterrent from pets at home but they're making no difference to him.

I realise that the easy answer is to crate him, but DH is anti crate (don't get me started hmm)

We never catch him in the act to be able to tell him off.

Has anyone got any brilliant solutions?

WeAllHaveWings Wed 05-Feb-14 19:36:09

Haven't tried the pah spray, but the gran nicks bitter apple spray works for us, only problem s he seems to find something new we haven't sprayed everyday!

Racerider Wed 05-Feb-14 21:09:47

I tried a bitter cherry spray which is meant to put them off . Puppy licked it off. Yum yum.
I assume you have lots of things/toys pup can chew?

MimsyBorogroves Wed 05-Feb-14 21:51:25

I might try bitter cherry - it seems he likes the apple hmm

We've loads of chew things that he loves - stagbars and kongs - but there seems to be something about the walls too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now