Talk

Advanced search

Oh, please help me find the Springer a harness

(19 Posts)

I had decided on a Ferplast Ergocomfort harness, decided on the colour, waited until payday and settled down this morning to order it.

However - the Springer doesn't fit it. His neck is 40cm, girth is 70cm. So, he has a medium neck and a large chest. Rats and flip!

Do you have any suggestions of a similar harness please?

I use a Pure non-pull harness at the moment but it is rubbing his chest and elbows. He also hates having anything put over his head and so fastening at the sides is essential.

And I have got through SO MANY unsuitable harnesses that this was to be his final and forever one. Again - rats and flip!

My dog is only partly Springer, but I get my harness' from this place.

indi dog

They are all custom made so can be made to fit perfectly. Also if there isn't one that exactly fits your specification, contact them and they are happy to design to your needs, putting in extra clips etc. The lady that makes them is called Sid and she's always happy to help you.

basildonbond Mon 27-Jan-14 10:54:27

You need a perfect fit harness - just google it (3G signal too weak to go on another page ...) - ticks all your boxes

Major I had a look at those harnesses but they were not quite what I'm looking for (we've gone through about 7 in his short life and the indi was similar to one we have already tried, but thanks anyway!)

basildonbond you are officially a genius!

The Perfect Fit is now ordered in Hi Viz orange so I stand a vague chance of being able to pick him out in the undergrowth and the matching lead was half price so - what could I do?!

Thank you both for your help.

Lilcamper Mon 27-Jan-14 12:23:42

Perfect fit is definitely the way ahead, get one with a front D ring and a double ended lead. My dog and I love the one we have, I have two top bits, a purple one for daylight walks and a hi viz one for nighttime and bad weather.

basildonbond Mon 27-Jan-14 14:59:14

You're welcome wink

Iamaslummymummy Tue 28-Jan-14 20:29:08

Perfect fit are fantastic!

DaddysBigTummy Tue 28-Jan-14 21:23:36

I ordered a Sky Blue perfect fit harness yesterday, should come tomorrow so nice to hear some good reviews!

PavlovIsOnMyShoulder Tue 28-Jan-14 21:29:21

Customer service with them is awesome too.

DaddysBigTummy Tue 28-Jan-14 21:32:49

Do I need a double ended lead for it, does anyone know? I got mine from 'your dogs needs' and the lady I spoke to didn't mention it but I'm not sure!

PavlovIsOnMyShoulder Tue 28-Jan-14 21:46:59

Get a double ended lead. All harnesses with 'your Dogs needs' come with a dual attachment.

DaddysBigTummy Tue 28-Jan-14 21:49:39

Thanks pavlov I will see if Pets at Home have any and I can pop in and get one tomorrow

Just typed a whole post and the phone ate it!

Anyway - the harness, ordered yesterday, arrived today. It wasn't quite right and so I rang them. They are sending a whole new harness of different sizes so I can mix and match to make the 'Perfect fit'.

They wouldn't accept any more payment but said to return the pieces I don't need when I'm happy with the fit.

Such amazing customer service!

I told them I will recommend them to everyone I meet in the fields.

thinkingaboutfostering Tue 04-Feb-14 12:51:59

I'm looking to get one of these for my12 week old puppy. How much do they adjust as they grow? Not sure I can justify spending lots of money on harnesses ATM but really like the look of these.

Lilcamper Tue 04-Feb-14 13:29:55

They adjust quite a bit but come in three parts so you can replace individual bits as they grow.

incogKNEEto Tue 11-Feb-14 12:05:39

Good to read all these personal recommendations, and I like the sound of being able to buy the different sized bits to make it truly 'a perfect fit' but

would you recommend a Perfect fit for a 5 month old GSD who mostly walks nicely on a loose lead...until we see another dog/he fancies walking a bit faster and starts to pull a bit? I am doing the 'stop until lead is loose again' method but he seems to have a short memory...

I really want to stop him pulling before he gets in the habit/hurts his neck, and also need one if I am going to use a long line in the future I think? TIA

Lilcamper Tue 11-Feb-14 14:02:19

Absolutely would be fine for a GSD, my friend has her two fully grown GSDS on these harnesses and you should never teach a long line to a collar..

incogKNEEto Tue 11-Feb-14 23:19:26

Thanks lil I emailed them for advice today and they got back to me within half an hour! I was very impressed smile

I have been advised to wait just a little longer until he is able to fit in the GS size with a short puppy front piece, shouldn't be long as he's growing like a weed!

Thanks for your reply, would you recommend one of their double ended leads or will a Halti one (for e.g.) be ok? It's just the leads are �17 and I wondered if they were worth the extra �7 or so? The Halti seems more adjustable too?

Lilcamper Wed 12-Feb-14 07:48:12

Either are fine, I have one of each.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now