Advanced search

I have a estate where can I buy a guard thing?

(17 Posts)
selfdestructivelady Mon 27-Jan-14 09:38:09

I don't know what they are called but the guards to stop the dog jumping over the boot.

onedogandababy Mon 27-Jan-14 09:43:14

You mean the guard thing to stop them getting over back seats into the car or into the boot? We got ours from halfords when there was a sale on, but I would imagine most pet shops online or amazon would sell them too.

selfdestructivelady Mon 27-Jan-14 09:44:52

Yeah that's what I mean thank you I'll take a look in halfords.

selfdestructivelady Mon 27-Jan-14 10:52:45

Any ideas how much they cost?

SnakeyMcBadass Mon 27-Jan-14 10:54:03

Bahahaha! I read this as you being landed gentry looking for guard dogs grin

selfdestructivelady Mon 27-Jan-14 11:13:04

grin lol

1MitchellMum Mon 27-Jan-14 15:16:17

The Halford ones are pretty useless. We used to have one - it would stop the dogs from jumping over the seat (although if persistent they could move it). It wouldn't have stopped them flying through the car in the event of a crash. For that we would have needed the proper dog guard from Ford, but we ended up getting a crate so didn't need the guard.

LetThereBeCupcakes Mon 27-Jan-14 18:24:42

What sort of car is it? Different guards fit different cars. If by some fluke you are near Wiltshire I think we have a spare one going begging!

SpicyPear Mon 27-Jan-14 19:22:12

Like MitchellMum says Halfords ones might stop the dog jumping but they'd be no good in an accident. Best ones are made for the specific model of car. I got mine direct from the manufacturer and are good. People are often selling used ones on Flea Market

SpicyPear Mon 27-Jan-14 19:23:25

Gah, I had a long break from MNetting and forgot links.

Agilitynet Flea Market

MissBetseyTrotwood Mon 27-Jan-14 19:25:46

Find the one that fits your car (I just googled ours) and have a look on ebay.

selfdestructivelady Tue 28-Jan-14 09:51:39

Thank you very much

glentorres Wed 29-Jan-14 11:09:01

Hello selfdestructivelady, the thing you are looking for is called a dog guard, you can get one from Travall website. Basically it's a special dog barrier that prevents your pet from travelling back and forth in you car (by keeping in safe in the boot).

They make a lot of car specific dog guards so I bet you will be able to find the one you need as I don't know the exact model of your estate.

I got a dog guard for them for my SUV a few months back, it's very easy to install.

Hope I was able to help with that wine

Practicalpet Sun 01-Jun-14 10:25:16

We got both of ours from travall. Very easy to install. smile

Scuttlebutter Sun 01-Jun-14 15:31:28

V useful thread, this. smile We have just changed cars, and are looking for a guard for the estate boot. Thanks for all the useful links.

Mylittlepotofjoy Wed 04-Jun-14 21:46:00

Barjo or guardsman make made to measure dog guards very reliable and very well made

mrslaughan Wed 04-Jun-14 21:54:29

Barjo are fab - but expensive and long wait time (well it was when we enquired)

We got a Travall from amazon and it has been fab, the plan was to use it until we got a barjo - but flagged the barjo one, because we found it too good.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now