Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Superpup has gone

(37 Posts)
RosieLig Mon 29-Jul-13 22:28:04

Diagnosed with advanced stage V lymphoma at only 15 months. We got him home this afternoon and spent a lovely 3.5 hours with him.

It felt like we were breaking him out of vet hospital. He was so excited to see us and his tail nearly wagged right off when he realised he was coming home sad

He saw all his favourite people in his last few hours- his dog walker, a friend, me and DH and the kids. He was put to sleep with his head resting on my knee whilst I fed him bits of chickensad Just a little sigh, I nearly missed it.

I feel at peace with it but devastated all the same. He was so young, had only just begun and we'd only just started to get to know him. He was a lovely, placid, chilled out, loving dog and we're lucky to have had him in our lives even if it was for only a year.

RIP superpup, chasing balls in doggie heaven.

pigsDOfly Mon 29-Jul-13 22:34:28

So sorry for your loss RosieLig. You obviously have lovely memories of your pup and it sound as if he brought you so much even if it was just for a short precious time.

Wish you well.

RosieLig Mon 29-Jul-13 22:36:50

Thanks, that's really sweet of you. He was my first dog and a revelation.

MissMarplesBloomers Mon 29-Jul-13 22:37:05

Oh Rosie how heartbreaking for you all, so glad he went with you holding him and loving him.

kilmuir Mon 29-Jul-13 22:38:12

run free superpup

ToomuchIsBackOnBootcamp Mon 29-Jul-13 22:41:46

So sorry for you but you couldn't have done any more, he had a wonderful last day (and many more before that, I'm sure)

Hugs to you all.

catwithflowers Mon 29-Jul-13 22:42:11

So sad sad. My dog was very poorly recently but got better. I don't think I realised quite how much I loved her until I thought I might lose her. So sorry for your loss.

RosieLig Mon 29-Jul-13 22:52:14

Thank you all, so kind. Yes catwithflowers, I too didn't realise how much I loved him til now. It creeps up on you.

littlewhitebag Mon 29-Jul-13 23:05:33

Oh Lordy. My pup is 15 months and I can't imagine her going so soon. I am all teary for you. Hugs for you.

RosieLig Mon 29-Jul-13 23:12:30

Thank you, littlewhitebag. Yes too soon. Such a shock too as he only became ill on Friday (although not 100% for a while). Reeling from it.

Scuttlebutter Tue 30-Jul-13 00:18:09

So sorry, Rosie to hear this news. sad

Thinking of you and your family.

tabulahrasa Tue 30-Jul-13 00:26:48

sad

MrsFrederickWentworth Tue 30-Jul-13 00:27:53

Have just.taken our 14 month to emergency vet prepared for worst, and got him back. Cannot think what you must be going through.

But what a lovely end you gave him. I hope when my time comes someone gives me the equivalent.

He is now in the happy hunting grounds.

everlong Tue 30-Jul-13 02:03:40

Oh no that's so sad.

Poor baby. Take care of yourself OP.

TerraNotSoFirma Tue 30-Jul-13 02:28:58

I'm so sorry for your loss. sad

1MitchellMum Tue 30-Jul-13 05:38:30

So sorry ... far too young to go. RIP little one. x

MrsWolowitz Tue 30-Jul-13 07:13:54

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

PseudoBadger Tue 30-Jul-13 07:15:08

I'm so sorry xx

EauRouge Tue 30-Jul-13 07:28:27

Sorry for your loss flowers Superpup must have been so happy to have you, even though it was too brief.

Mutt Tue 30-Jul-13 07:29:03

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

fanoftheinvisibleman Tue 30-Jul-13 08:15:51

So sorry for your loss.

Another one here with a 12 month old pup who can't imagine needing to be that brave as to bring him home for such a lovely end.

ClaraOswald Tue 30-Jul-13 08:24:34

He sounds really special, Rosie.

If you do decide to get another dog, they won't replace him in any way. He will always have that special place in your family's memories.

tompuss Tue 30-Jul-13 09:17:58

Hi Rosie
A very few years ago, our 4 year old Goldie was diagnosed with lymphoma in very similar circumstances to yours. He didn't have a bad bone in his body. We made the same decision as you and it was the right one. It broke our hearts. We have more dogs now who bring us joy, in a different way. I still carry his tag in my purse. I feel for you.

Oh, I am so sorry that it came to this. Such a young dog sad Be kind to yourself, you gave him a peaceful, pain free end x

bassetfeet Tue 30-Jul-13 13:17:17

So sorry to read this Rosie . My thoughts are with you and the family .
Run free bonny lad .

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now