Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Any dog people awake?

(10 Posts)
curlew Mon 15-Jul-13 00:14:22

We are looking after a friends dog for a while- we brought her home tonight. As we have cats, we have put her in a spare room with her own rug, some water, food and anything else I can think of that she needs, but she's been whining for 30 minutes now. I don't want to let her out, because I want to manage her meeting with the cats tomorrow- but the crying is so sad. Anything I can do? Or is it a ear plug job?

PareyMortas Mon 15-Jul-13 00:16:46

Radio on gently in the background, I used to leave a small light on when mine were pups. Do you have anything that smells of your friend that the dog could have in the basket?

Sparklysilversequins Mon 15-Jul-13 00:16:47

She's lonely sad.

Is there no way she could come in with you in her basket? I know that's not a solution for everyone but its what I would do. How old is she?

curlew Mon 15-Jul-13 00:20:00

She's got her own rug- yes I would have her with me like a shot- but the cats are in the living room, and I want to introduce them gently. I didn't intend to bring her home so late- traffic conspired. I wonder if I moved her into ds's bedroom she would be happier (he certainly would be!) She's 4.

lisad123everybodydancenow Mon 15-Jul-13 00:20:29

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Sparklysilversequins Mon 15-Jul-13 00:21:55

She probably would be, but are you comfortable with her being with a small child? Is she used to them?

curlew Mon 15-Jul-13 00:24:17

He's 12, so not small. And he is going to be her main person while she's with us, And she has toddlers at home. I might do that. If she doesn't go to sleep in the next 10 minutes I will, I think.

Sparklysilversequins Mon 15-Jul-13 00:25:27

grin Sorry I read that your child was 4! Yes put her in with ds, everyone's happy!

curlew Mon 15-Jul-13 00:32:50

I suppose I was a bit worried because she doesn't sleep in bedrooms at home- and I don't want to send her home again a spoiled brat! I don't want to be like an overindulgent granny. But it's all so strange and new for her-one night won't hurt. <thin end of the wedge emoticon>

curlew Mon 15-Jul-13 00:55:12

OK. If she wants to spend every night from now on in bed with one of her humans, I blame Mumsnet............grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now