Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Going to see some puppies tonight <massive, beaming smile>

(23 Posts)
Awks Tue 02-Jul-13 12:41:21

Thank you for holding my hand when we lost Jake - it meant a lot. I miss him and it hit me like a ton of bricks and I HATE not having a dog so am going to see a litter of cockers tonight. They will be ready to leave mum when we get back from our hold mid-August. I'm so excited I can hardly breathe.

mistlethrush Tue 02-Jul-13 12:49:31

Make sure that your heart doesn't do everything - you need to make sure that the parents have had the right checks etc.

But enjoy your puppy visit whether or not they're going to be the right ones for you! grin

Frettchen Tue 02-Jul-13 13:09:01

Oh, Awks I'm so excited for you!

Definitely keep a sensible voice in your head, as mistlethrush says, but also enjoy the power of puppy cuddles. There's not much in the world as healing as the cuteness of tiny puppies.

Awks Tue 02-Jul-13 13:09:18

I know, I wouldnt consider pups that haven't been bred responsibly. Am v excited though

Awks Tue 02-Jul-13 13:12:43

Frettchen, thanks - that's very true. Can't wait till half six!

1MitchellMum Tue 02-Jul-13 13:50:55

smile

moosemama Tue 02-Jul-13 16:01:47

How exciting! grin

I'm so pleased for you. smile

After losing our girl at the end of April, we are having to wait a while till we get another pup. First I needed some time after losing oldgirl, then we had a busy month and now we just have a few things to get sorted, plus a holiday booked.

I feel ready now and the waiting is killing me! blush

TeaOneSugar Tue 02-Jul-13 16:22:51

Puppies grin Squidgy Cocker puppies grin How Lovely.

Are they show or working Cockers?

What colours are they?

Mine is 11 months now and would love a little sister, DH is still to be persuaded.

topbannana Tue 02-Jul-13 22:56:29

Well?!!
<drums fingers impatiently>
grin

Frettchen Wed 03-Jul-13 13:55:53

Maybe she's still there, sitting in the middle of a pile of puppies and outright refusing to leave...

moosemama Wed 03-Jul-13 15:45:10

envy grin

Notonaschoolnight Wed 03-Jul-13 16:17:21

Moosemama just while you're around, did your wheaten hate toileting outside when it was raining? Ours is dreadful for it and its like she must know its wrong as she never does it in front of us she waits till we leave the room etc and our feet find it when we come back in. Dry weather she can't get outside to toilet quick enough

moosemama Wed 03-Jul-13 16:52:23

grin Oh absolutely Notonaschoolnight, she hated going in the garden when it was raining.

She'd get to the doorway, realise it was raining and either back up or teeter on the edge of the step. We used to have to give her an encouraging nudge off the back door step to get her to go out and then she'd grudgingly go all of two feet to the fence, with a face like thunder, wee as quickly as she could and race back inside. grin

If she could get away with it, she used to nip into the (ground floor) bathroom when we weren't looking and do it on the floor in there. hmm At least she chose the right room I suppose! Like you though, we only ever discovered it once we already had a soggy sock or two. hmm

Awks Thu 04-Jul-13 15:38:48

So we went and saw them. Eight working cocker puppies - 3 weeks old. 6 black and white and 2 liver and white, mixture of boys and girls. I wanted a boy so narrowed it down to a chunky liver and white or a smaller black and white. AND WE CHOSE THE BLACK AND WHITE BOY grin grin

He comes home 11 August and I can't wait - I took a pic of dd1 with him and will try and get it off facebook onto my profile so you can see him.

moosemama Thu 04-Jul-13 15:49:18

grin Congratulations on choosing the newest member of your family. grin

Your profile is private at the moment, so will check back to see the photo.

Still very envy of all those lovely puppy snuggles though! wink

Awks Thu 04-Jul-13 15:51:44

Bum let me change it as have put a pic on!

Awks Thu 04-Jul-13 16:41:15

Can you see him?

Frettchen Thu 04-Jul-13 16:41:31

Oh gosh, look at that tiny puppy. He's too adorable!

Am almost jealous but not; my puppy comes home on the 20th July (he's a rescue pup, about 3 months old, so not quite as teeny tiny)

moosemama Thu 04-Jul-13 17:00:27

<<melts>>

He's beautiful. smile

topbannana Thu 04-Jul-13 20:58:13

Aww awks he looks lovely, congratulations smile

and good luck <knowing glance at 17 week cocker>

digerd Thu 04-Jul-13 21:01:15

I love the smell of puppies too. - sigh.

TeaOneSugar Sat 06-Jul-13 09:25:49

He's absolutely beautiful smile

Awks Sun 07-Jul-13 10:56:31

I am so excited and proud. But know I will be on here end August weeping and asking wtf have I done grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now