Talk

Advanced search

Oh no ... the dog has just eaten toddler poo!!

(15 Posts)
Happiestinwellybobs Sun 26-May-13 20:15:37

So i have the most particular dog when it comes to his own poo - he thinks it is disgusting, and always looks really embarrassed to be spotting actually doing a poo! He avoids poo on walks - I'm certain he raises an eyebrow in disgust when he spots it.

Today DD (2.1) had really bad nappy rash so I thought I'd leave her nappy off, and leave a potty around. DD did a poo in the potty (yay!), so DH went to clean it out, cue DD then pooing on the floor while he was sorting that. Pooch then ate the poo before I had chance to clear it up . I NEVER want him to lick my face again - this isn't normal is it? I have potty training ahead of me, and the thought of him doing this again is making me heave grin.

readysteady Sun 26-May-13 20:26:23

smile perfectly normal! But yuck.

coffeeinbed Sun 26-May-13 20:29:08

All dogs eat poo.
Toddler poo might well be the least offensive variety of poo dog will eat.
Sorry!

Turnipinatutu Sun 26-May-13 20:31:54

Yuck!
But could be worse. The toddler could've eaten the dog poo!
Look on the bright side wink

ChasingStaplers Sun 26-May-13 20:38:37

Thank goodness it wasn't the other way round! Now that would make me heave! smile

Purplehonesty Sun 26-May-13 20:39:04

Euwwww. Btw my dog did this and was very very ill the next day. I don't mean vet trip ill, just 'crapped everywhere in the night' ill.
Shuddering at the memory!

pumpkinsweetie Sun 26-May-13 20:51:52

Gross, don't worry though dogs will be dogs. Mine eats the kids sick if i don't clear it up quick enoughconfused

Happiestinwellybobs Sun 26-May-13 20:53:22

I did think the same Turnip and Chasing. Fingers crossed he isn't ill. When I say he avoids all poo I mean, cow, sheep, dog, horse. He literally leaps over cow pats to avoid stepping in it.

I was laughing, in between shouting at him and trying to carry DD up to the bath (she had stepped in it, and was trying to cling to me!) with poo all over her foot smile

lougle Sun 26-May-13 20:53:38

I vividly remember the day the puppy beat me to the potty. He vomited faeces all over the sofa a few hours later as DD1's carer was drinking her tea!

Happiestinwellybobs Sun 26-May-13 20:56:52

grin at Lougle. I am keeping a close eye on him ( currently upside down on the sofa with not a care in the world), but if he is sick later, may pretend to be asleep and let DH sort it smile

MothershipG Sun 26-May-13 21:12:13

My friend's dog ate her DS's very first poo he ever did in his potty, he never did another poo in a potty, went to great lengths to avoid it and it was a few month before he'd use the toilet either!

ChasingStaplers Sun 26-May-13 22:51:22

grin at 'If he's sick, I may pretend to be asleep'

oldandcrabby Mon 27-May-13 14:27:42

Toddler poo is not the least of it. I hate it when someone is caught short and craps in the bushes. My dogs think it is better than any treat. Reek, need faces washed and a keen eye kept on what come out the other end. Perhaps people should carry poo bags too grin.

coffeeinbed Mon 27-May-13 15:39:36

What a meant is the a known toddler poo is better than some unknown poo in the shrubbery.

It's all relative, of course! grin

shoutymcshoutsmum Mon 27-May-13 15:42:45

Our 18 month old dog enjoyed potty training by the you gest recently. it gave him such bad diarroah that he hasn't gone near the potty since. I am normally robust but this episode really repulsed me!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now