Talk

Advanced search

Ok, this is grim, but...fluffy dog arses

(31 Posts)

New pup has a very curly/fluffy coat. I have scissor trimmed around his bum as much as I dare, but he still comes in from a poo with Klingons. His poo seems firm enough when I pick it up, maybe a little soft, but nothing to worry about. He eats well (Burns mini bites) and is full of energy. He just has this unfortunate habit of running in with his last meal chasing him. How do I manage the fluffy arse/poo nugget thing? Is it just baby wipes all the way?

Undecidedmare Tue 21-May-13 19:49:53

We too have a fluffy arsed cocker cross. I also have a husband with a strong stomach who happily chases her around the garden to wipe her bum.
Thankfully she's very lazy and spends a lot of time sitting and ignoring the toys I throw for her, this tends to wipe away any extras as well.

Oh Lord. The horror <cowers behind hands>

Allthingspretty Tue 21-May-13 20:17:51

I got some pet wipes from tk maxx for paws and occassions like this.

I too have had to clean away poo nuggets. It can be grim.

BellaVita Tue 21-May-13 20:21:06

Oh Lordy <andhereismewantingadog> <boak>

Undecidedmare Tue 21-May-13 20:31:39

I spent hours and hours researching breeds, temperament, and the many and varied difficulties dogs and owners can have, no one mentioned sticky poo and bum wiping.

squeelybean Tue 21-May-13 20:36:30

Seriously?

Oh god, i'm waiting for fluffy pup to realise he has clinkers following him around and to start cleaning them himself. Will i really have to use wipeshmm

The problem is, the poo gets really mashed in. He is 3/4 poodle. I'm seriously considering shaving his bum region, but I worry it'll be drafty.

bassetfeet Tue 21-May-13 22:35:41

We once owned an Old English Sheepdog RIP lovely lass

After so many times with bucket of water and teasing [yuck] ...we cut what we called a shit chute around her bottom . It worked smile

toboldlygo Tue 21-May-13 23:09:26

I think all poodle trims traditionally involve a shaven bum region for this very reason. -hurk-

Allthingspretty Wed 22-May-13 07:08:44

My dog has theae only in a dofferwnt fragrance

www.myitchydog.co.uk/pet-head-hypoallergenic-wipes-pup-n-fluff-25s.html

TheCunnyFunt Wed 22-May-13 07:59:16

<snort> at shit chute grin that's brilliant!!

Right. That's it. When the clippers arrive, I'm bribing him with sausage and giving him a shit chute. And possibly pants when it's cold.

silverangel Wed 22-May-13 13:30:35

baby wipes I'm afraid. Grim. And a short hair cut as often as possible.

PersonalClown Wed 22-May-13 13:33:19

I have a Labradoodle and whole heartedly recommend a very close trim!

squeelybean Wed 22-May-13 13:35:42

What age can you take them in for groom and what style do you pick for a semi long haired scruff bag cross puppy or do the groomers just know what to doconfused

Oh sweet Lord. He just shat in the kitchen then walked through it. Poo everywhere <cries>

bassetfeet Wed 22-May-13 14:41:12

Passes kitchen roll and disinfectant to Chickens Turns garden hose on for poopuppy.
Opens bottle of wine and sends large wine through the ether . Can be drunk with marigold gloves on .

spacegoat Wed 22-May-13 14:47:42

Really? I have an afghan hound.... never a problem. Hair .... ahem.... is long but parted in that area. He also postions his bum in a down position before pooing.

Only in extreme cases of diarrhoea have we had to wash his bum, probably about twice in 5 years.

TheCunnyFunt Wed 22-May-13 15:32:37

Wow Space, I'm soooo envy jealous. I love afghan hounds. So gorgeous.

TheCunnyFunt Wed 22-May-13 15:33:38

Ok, that was meant to be a green face not a red one! No idea why it's come up as that!

I'm seeing a green face, Cunny. I also have a green face. Nowt to do with envy <retches>

TheCunnyFunt Wed 22-May-13 17:47:16

It's green now confused it was red!

milkybarsrus Wed 22-May-13 18:02:02

I have a shihtzu with a shit chute! If I left his backside hairy there would definately be malteser/nuggets hanging, so it gets a really close 'hair cut' and when my clippers arrive it will be even shorter! Its easy as i can bribe him with treats whilst sorting his arse out. Some things about having a pet are a pure joy hmm!

bassetfeet Wed 22-May-13 19:28:40

He also postions his bum in a down position before pooing.
quote Spacegoat

So jealous also of your Afghan hound . lovely animals and so graceful .

I am now thinking that there maybe something in the position of their bums while doing the deed that predisposes to these maltesers /klingons.

Hound basset raises his butt to do the deed and is very precise . Many a branch or flower pot has been gifted .
Mmmm ........

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now