Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

help! ddogs got d n v

(3 Posts)
headlesshorseman Tue 21-May-13 12:48:26

Woke up this morning to find gallons of d and v all over the floor.

DDog is well known for vomiting up small amounts of food but nothing like this, he is 9, a collie x gsd, with a long history of neglect and many food related issues.
He had a tablespoon of boiled rice and a drink of water about 10 but he has not moved off his cushion all morning.

I can't take him to the vet yet because 1) no car and its too far to walk and 2) he is a bit traumatised by the vet so it is a very last resort.

What else can i do?

1MitchellMum Tue 21-May-13 14:03:26

Is there blood in the vomit/poo? Is it projectile? If yes to either question I would phone your vet for advice. Otherwise if he's OK in himself then I'd starve him until tomorrow morning before introducing boiled rice/fish/chicken etc. If he's clearly unwell then could you ask a friend to give you both a lift to the vet? Obviously you could put old sheets or something in the car to protect it from accidents.

headlesshorseman Tue 21-May-13 14:08:49

no blood, it was very watery tho. he hasnt been again.
ill starve him, but hes not a big water drinker anyway, how do i know if hes getting enough to drink?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now