Talk

Advanced search

So glad I put my dog on a lead today.

(3 Posts)
Ilovemydogandmydoglovesme Sun 19-May-13 21:42:03

Saw a lady coming down the lane with a Labrador on its lead. Thought I'd better put my Boy on his lead in case the lab was a problem or in training etc.

The two dogs met and had a sniff. Then my Boy went for the lab. sad blush sad

I'd have been so ready to assume that my Boy would be fine. He's a lovely soft old thing who loves everyone. I don't know why he went for the lab, unless he was a young entire male and he didn't like it. The lab was fine, carried on bouncing about. We meet loads of dogs and he's always fine, has a mooch about with them, no problem. Spent a couple of years doing the KC obedience program with no issues.

The lady was lovely about it, bless her. Said he was only defending me. I said no he's being a bolshy old git but that's kind of you.

Will have to watch him from now on. sad

Bunnylion Sun 19-May-13 22:09:47

My dog's not neutered and a couple of neutered males have gone for him - much to their owners major shock and surprise. The smell can be taken as a threat by a neutered male, even though my dog is a big baby who runs a mile if someone roughs him up!

So it may have been that. Or possibly your dogs just getting a bit grumpy in his old age.

Ilovemydogandmydoglovesme Sun 19-May-13 22:13:46

Could well be either. No idea!

Not a fred about a fred but I remember someone the other day announcing her right to let her dog run free and to never put it back on the lead even if other dogs are on theirs.

Would be fun if we bump into her. hmm

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now