Talk

Advanced search

How do I get diarrheoa off the lawn?

(9 Posts)
YourHandInMyHand Sat 18-May-13 12:30:43

Dog had the runs during the night and tonight I am faced with several areas of it on my lawn. No idea how to get rid of it and just the thought of it makes me gag!

Any tips?

readysteady Sat 18-May-13 12:32:33

Pour water over it? Bicarbonate may help it break down? Hope it rains? Hope your dog is ok.

BumpingFuglies Sat 18-May-13 12:33:03

Hosepipe?

mikkii Sat 18-May-13 12:33:24

Hose it down? Can you hose it so any (ahem) effluent is into the borders away from where kids might play?

YourHandInMyHand Sat 18-May-13 12:39:47

Hmm no neighbouring borders as there is a paved path between lawn and border.

It is raining. I think hosepipe probably best option, but will just dilute it over a larger area (vom). May have to try and scoop some of it up first (more vom).

I don't mind picking up normal poo but this is testing my usually strong stomach!

Dog seems okay, I think it's the worming treatment I'd given her. Her poos are usually fine and she seems okay in herself. Although as a sleep all day greyhound she can't get more still really! confused My plan is to see how she gets on and just give her water today.

I, er, scrape up as much as I can. And then I top dress with compost. Think of it as fertiliser.

readysteady Sat 18-May-13 15:30:34

Oooooh good idea about the compost.......nicks that idea for future! Hope your garden is swishy poo free now!

YourHandInMyHand Sat 18-May-13 15:58:46

Well I have scooped up what I can with cardboard, can't get the hose out until DS goes up to bed or he will want to "help". At least now nights are lighter I can sort it when he goes up at 7.

I like the compost idea, could put a bit of grass seed on too? Have been meaning to put some seed down in a few places anyway so might as well.

I do like my lawn but it's a lot of upkeep to keep it nice and now I have a dog too it needs even more attention. I can see why a lot of people have paved patios or decking!

MissBetseyTrotwood Sat 18-May-13 19:14:34

Scoop, hose, compost.

Alone. With a wine waiting for afterwards.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now