Talk

Advanced search

can anyone recommend a really tough ball on a rope?

(6 Posts)
ziggystarrust Mon 06-May-13 12:04:41

Hi
Our english bull terrier LOVES to chase a ball but destroys all balls in seconds if we don't get them off him!! His Kong x-treme last longest but we're after a ball on a rope... any ideas?

KentuckyFriedChildren Mon 06-May-13 12:10:24

ziggy tbh I just wouldn't recommend anything with a rope for a chewer. Sorry, not helpful, but my staffie is also a destroyer and ropes just get eaten and we end up with stringy t-rexing poos for the next week. If you want to do a tug of war type game I'd get something with a strong canvas or hard rubber tug if you can. And as an aside, the stag antlers are fab for a chew toy smile

EasyToEatTiger Mon 06-May-13 13:50:02

Balls on ropes are not built to last, even if the dog's teeth are made out of marshmallows. We have collies. Their favourite toy at the moment is a Kong Wubba. So far so good!

ziggystarrust Mon 06-May-13 14:17:43

thanks
he's already destroyed a kong wubba!! We like the ball on a rope because for some reason he will loose it (but won't release an ordinary ball??!!)

moosemama Mon 06-May-13 14:31:05

Have to agree about balls on ropes, they aren't made to last.

Have you tried him with a boomer ball? They are practically indestructable.

We had something similar for our old girl. She could destroy practically any dog toy in about ten seconds flat. In her case it was an old fishing net float similar to this one but with just one hole at each end, that she found on the beach as a pup. She could get a tooth in the hole at either end to pick it up if she really stretched her jaw, but could only carry it for a few paces. She insisted on bringing it home with her, stopping every few paces to put it down, rest and pick it up again and we had a looong walk back to the car. She found it when she was under a year old and we still have it now. (We sadly had to have her pts a week ago and she was 13 and a half.) I thought we'd found a niche market when I realised she couldn't destroy a hard plastic ball, but boomer ball beat me to it! grin

The only thing she ever had on a rope that lasted was a large blue aqua kong. We still have that too. I thought ours was a 'giant' rather than a 'large' but they don't seem to sell 'giant' ones so I may be wrong. I'd go and measure it for you, but the dcs manage to fling it over the fence into next door's garden last night and they are on holiday. hmm

Not heard of them before, but these seem to get good reviews as well.

ziggystarrust Mon 06-May-13 16:52:07

thanks moosemama
he has got a couple of boomers which he does like but won't give up, I've ordered a chuckit which I've never heard of but looks promising....fingers crossed!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now