Talk

Advanced search

Yellow dog project

(9 Posts)
thwinka Sun 05-May-13 08:26:48

Hi, my dog has quite bad fear aggression and I would like to buy one of these collar and leashes that warn others that he needs his space!! Does anybody here know where I can buy one? I have been on to the Yellow dog project websites, but can only see dog coats/bandanas/ribbons etc on there? I saw someone with one a few weeks ago but can't seem to find a shop that sells them on the internet.
I already have one that says 'nervous' on his leash but this seems to attract people even more who all want to fuss him hmm I need one that spells out to other people to leave him alone basically.
If anyone knows where I could buy one that would be great!!

idirdog Sun 05-May-13 09:16:38

I need space coats

Lilcamper Sun 05-May-13 09:46:45

www.spacedogs.org.uk/ this organisation only promotes force free training methods and donates to rescues.

thwinka Sun 05-May-13 11:00:13

Thanks for these linkssmile The guy I saw actually had a bright flurescent yellow lead with 'I need space' stamped all over it!! Never seen one before, but it really stood out. The lead covers that you have linked to would be an alternative though. Little bugger wont wear coats/bandanas etc so no choice but to go for the lead option!!
Thankyou

Lilcamper Sun 05-May-13 11:15:40

Space dogs do baseball caps for the owner to wear.

Lilcamper Sun 05-May-13 11:26:16

Space dogs do baseball caps for the owner to wear.

idirdog Sun 05-May-13 13:22:34

The link I put up also has I need space leads

ginauk84 Mon 06-May-13 08:51:56

I am a bit unsure about these an how you then stand legally if dog has a snap at someone/another dog.

I know there was a discussion on another board basically saying by using one of these you are admitting the dog could bite and therefore could be in trouble of anything were to happen.

A bit like how you can't put up beware of the dog signs and it has to say dogs running free.

I would like someone with a legal background to look into it so people then can understand the implications - anyone on here know?

Lilcamper Mon 06-May-13 08:58:09

I know the owner of Space Dogs, she is away for the weekend but I will ask her. It isn't just for fear reactive dogs but for dogs that are recovering from surgery/injury, bitches in heat, elderly dogs...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now