Talk

Advanced search

Unwanted friends. Leaving present from signetdog. Help!!

(6 Posts)
Signet2012 Sat 04-May-13 13:31:59

As some may remember my lovely dog was PTS in December. Now to my knowledge he didn't have fleas.

But obviously he did because in the last two months I have been eaten alive. We have tried bombs but the little buggers keep coming back!

I've googled and apparently they can lay dormant for sometime and then start biting when thre isn't a dog host.

I'm mortified and feel so unclean. The doc Martin bombs don't seem to be doing anything other than knock them back for a week.

The worst of it is when changing dd (7 months) today she has a row of 6 bites on her thighs. I've lost my rag and threatened to move out with her until we get it sorted but its not really the answer. I'm so upset and feel so unclean!

Can anyone recommend a decent spray or something that will sort this out properly. And is it safe to use with a baby ?

I'm sure they are only in the lounge but going to do the full house

Help me!!

Lonecatwithkitten Sat 04-May-13 13:48:41

Either acclaim or Indorex spray, but it is really important that you Hoover before you spray.

Signet2012 Sat 04-May-13 14:09:59

Excellent thanks ill get some this afternoon. The only time he had fleas was one summer years back when we where walking him on the farmers fields. He was always treat for fleas and I never saw him scratch sad

Lilcamper Sat 04-May-13 15:58:01

We ended up getting rentokill in for ours, nothing shop bought was touching them.

RedwingWinter Sat 04-May-13 16:49:49

Make sure you vacuum frequently and throw the bag away, so that fleas can't hatch out of the bag. Also wash everything you can (bedding etc) on a hot wash if possible. And then use the spray, but like Lonecat says the vacuuming part is really important. Good luck.

gymmummy64 Sat 04-May-13 19:24:32

Some time ago we had an awful problem with fleas, I tried everything imaginable but couldn't shift them. I had a three yo and was pregnant. When I saw fleas jumping on my 3 year old's bed and even saw one on her in the car, I gave up trying to fix it myself and called a local pest controller. £50, we had to leave the house for 3 hours and I never saw another flea.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now